ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake sensing load valve

Black Sheep
Has anyone had to get one of these replaced? I have got a ph 2 172 2002. My rear brakes are hardly working at the rear even though the components are new basically.

How much does this part cost to buy and get fitted roughly.

Thanks Stuart

Black Sheep
does anyone have any idea what could be wrong then cause I am not having much luck finding out at the moment:S

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
The cup does have one, i had to replace the one on my bro's 2002 Cup....it had seized up and wasn't letting any fluid through to the rear brake lines.
Dealer price around £140 if i remember right for a bias valve, we ended up getting a used one.

Not sure what the trophy set up is though? different to the cup i bet due to abs etc..

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My 172 had one, as the little arm broke off which I had to fix for MOT....unless I'm thinking of the wrong part

Black Sheep
It must be some kind some of problem as the fluid must be getting blocked somewhere. Is this valve in question sometimes called the componsator valve that adjusts the breaking strengh depending on load ect surely the 172 has one of these. I am sure on the 172 it is like a black box the brake lines go through at the rear. I have not had a chance to have a good look yet.

Lionel Richie
as i said the only renault sport clio that has one is the 172 cup

all others are controlled by the ABS pump

Black Sheep
cheers for the input. I am certainly not making good progress here. Think I will have to take the car to a garage somewhere who will want to put new callipers on when they are not the issue here.

Black Sheep
They were working ie the discs were shiny metal on both sides a couple months ago. Now they are corroded on both sides, you can see slight contact is being made. And the handbrake is basically not even worth using.

Lionel Richie
probably the calipers just need playing with

slacken off the handbrake, take the cables off the calipers, pump the pedal a load of times, check the pads are in the groove of the piston and stick it back together

172 cup
The cup does have one, i had to replace the one on my bro's 2002 Cup....it had seized up and wasn't letting any fluid through to the rear brake lines.
Dealer price around £140 if i remember right for a bias valve, we ended up getting a used one.

Not sure what the trophy set up is though? different to the cup i bet due to abs etc..

I had mine replaced recently and i have a cup. Im sure the standard have them too but the cup valve doesnt have the arm bit where as the standard does???