ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes - pads rubbing on discs

Help!!

My rear brake pads are rubbing on my discs. The caliper piston doesn't seem o be releasing back normally.

The car hasn't been driven since I did Caldwell in the Spring so it's not had much love. The calipers and pads are 6 months old, the discs are a little older. I did warm down laps at Caldwell and the pads are still good.

I swapped my Speedline Vega's with Nankang's to my OZ's with Dunlop's for next weekend and headed off to make sure the wheels were balanced. Immediately I could hear the pads gripping the discs and feel it... I have to give it a lot more gas than normal to get moving.

I can see the piston is pushing the pads onto the discs and can feel myself getting mighty pissed off. Anyone have any ideas how I can rectify?!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you sure it's not just the crap on the discs needs cleaning off? Failing that you need to see if the pads have got stuck in the caliper. That would cause them to stick.
Try winding the piston all the way back in. It may just be sticking slightly from being stood.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Sounds like the piston is sticking to me.

Are your sliders working, can you pull the caliper back and forth by hand?

Thanks for the help.

Both caliper pistons and sliders are moving freely again.

Another problem I discovered was the wheels didn't clear the calipers and lightly tapping as it spun... Enough to make a slight noise but not enough to stop the wheel spinning when I spun it. 3mm spacers bought and hopefully problem solved

All sorted, also stuck the seat back on for next week at Blyton... with a little help from my mate
Wg0WQ0Ey.jpg