ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear cage

clio 172
currently buildin my track car and lookin for rear cage at mo.
would look to add front part at later date.
just wondering wot people have used before

I went for a Safety Devices rear cage. I was OCD and got harness bars and the extra cross added on though :smile:

They have brackets to add on a front section at a later date, which is what I'm looking at doing at the moment.

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
ive got a safety devices rear cage ordered with mark fish on the group buy. have a look mate images and prices are all on the group buy thread as to what you get

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Dedicated track/race car = Full cage to give as much protection as possible

Part time track car/Road Car = Rear Cage only to keep it a little more pratical

I imagine getting in and out of the car with bucket seats and a full cage is a bit of a nightmare if using on the road.

Whether a Rear cage is enough probably depends on how much risk you plan on taking. Rear cage only is better than no cage, but if you have a big accident it might not be enough.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thanks for that.

I appear to be somewhere in between, my car is a road legal dedicated track car. If funds allow I will probably go for a full cage this time next year.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Very true, having done a bit more research it appears that if it's used at all on the road go half cage.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Or wear a helmet whenever you drive it.
Seriously though if it's a track car that you're just driving to and from the track would this be an issue?

Probably more hassle than it's worth. But is unbolting the front section of cage a viable option for a car used more as a road car.

Last edited:

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
It's used a bit more than just to and from the track. I can't see me unbolting stuff or wearing a helmet every time I use it lol.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Tim finch sells them look good quality cages and follow MSA guidelines can't remember how much they are exactly but approx £390 from memory [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
proper padding on the B pillar legs of the main hoop and using a full cage on the road isn' an issue from a safety point of view. The impractical aspect of it (providing you have cross doors bars), would soon get old i would imagine