ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Camber Correction

182 Cup
Right, I've just has my car alignment checked and I need to add a bit of negative camber to the right rear.

L/R is running at -1°35'
R/R is running at -0°02'

What are my options? I've seen some have gone for simply adding various washers in place of shims. Shims are available from the likes of Eibach, but I don't fancy buying two pairs and I've not yet come accross any that'll give -1°50 on their own.

I've seen some EZ Shims that appear pretty cheap and can be adjusted for desired camber and toe, but I'm not sure if I can get them for the Clio - from what I've seen the applications are pretty broad though. Anyone had any experience of them?
http://www.spcalignment.com/ezshim/

Any thoughts or suggestions? As I understand it, if I just add a camber shim the toe will be affected - is this correct?

172cup turbo & rx8
Or a bent beam or stub

However as it's french that's probably how it left the factory!

182 Cup
Thanks for the info Fred. I'll jack it up and check over the weekend before looking at shims. Much obliged.

whilst on the subject if the neg camber was at different readings is there anywhere that makes custom shims to make up the difference between the cambers to make them equal to eachother? i know i could buy new stub axels but want to try to correct and make up the difference as im after abit of camber on the rear anyway

Clio Mk2 Ph3
whilst on the subject if the neg camber was at different readings is there anywhere that makes custom shims to make up the difference between the cambers to make them equal to eachother? i know i could buy new stub axels but want to try to correct and make up the difference as im after abit of camber on the rear anyway
Try, Pure Motorsport.CNC shims!!!!Also,about SPC EZshims,are fine,but are made of plastic:nono:

itl be my stub axels that will be slightly bent, easy to replace but id rather not as there not broken by any means, Ive noticed many clios have quite some camber on the rear (partially due to lowering), but evan jacked up the rear camber still sits largely out. Whats the rear camber as standard on 172 mk2s rs?