ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Camber?

Just a quick one, if any knows ;)

Is the clio's rear camber determined by the stub axles or axle itself?

My reason for asking is that the stub axles can only be fitted one way, and to me it would seem that's for a reason similar to above, i would have thought the toe would be determined by the axle itself.

Also am i right in thinking that the clio models have a different negative camber on the rear as standard?

Cheers
Chris

Fred, so are you saying the 1.5 degrees of negative camber is built in to the Trophy stub axles?

That's what i'm trying to find out?

I've already got the camber shims and was using them before, but now i've got a bent stub axle i need to ensure i buy a suitable replacemnet, rather than just adding loads of shims (not ideal)

Chris

Mercury 200 w/cup+Recaros
I can't find them on Yozzasport? The camber on my rear right wheel on my new 200 is out by almost 1 degree:(

Lionel Richie
i'm 99% sure its built into the stub, i'll have a check, i know for a fact the 172 cup runs a different stub to a 172 normal

i'm 99% sure its built into the stub, i'll have a check, i know for a fact the 172 cup runs a different stub to a 172 normal

That would be great if you could Fred, My thinking is that they are model specific due to the camber.

Cheers
Chris

i think its about -ve 1.3 degrees as standard, ive had 1 degreee and 20' shims in the rear of mine for the last 18 months

172 Ph1
i think its about -ve 1.3 degrees as standard, ive had 1 degreee and 20' shims in the rear of mine for the last 18 months

Does that mean your running 2.5deg at the rear and what toe you running at the rear.
Also whats your front geometery settings?

The camber is built into the back plate of the stub axle - not the stub axle.

Stub axle is flat/square normally - but they do bend!

On a trackcar +/- 3.5 degrees would be advisable.

/y0z