ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear coil spring adjuster

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
mot tester has failed rear springs as they fall from seated position when on a 4 post ramp. hes suggested getting some rear adjustable mounts but im struggling too source some,

has anyone had the same issue please and where did you find them?

something similar to the image
1666029365070.png

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
yeah running springs. just need these in place so the spring stays in situ when lifted, he said could fall out if i hit a pothole, which i have quite frequently on these roads and never had a problem

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
yeah hes just being a bit assy i think because its not standard beach buggy height. had an issue when i first fiited springs on standard shocks but i bought a pair of new genuine 172 shocks as they were 30 mm shorter iirc and they were fine on last mot

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
for the 5 minutes it takes i would just stick a pair of eBay used springs in, cost about £15 delivered! take it for a retest then swap back out, assuming your happy the rear springs you have are not going to actually fall out on the road lol or just make a wooden spacer and pop them in to really wind him up lol

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Well I've bought a brand new set of springs as one of the front ones have snapped apparently. Which I don't quite believe as it's handling fine and no knocking or any noises it shouldn't. Should feel a bit better on a fresh set anyway, I was running apex 40mm and they were a bit harsh

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've bought a brand new set of springs as one of the front ones have snapped apparently. Which I don't quite believe as it's handling fine and no knocking or any noises it shouldn't. Should feel a bit better on a fresh set anyway, I was running apex 40mm and they were a bit harsh
most times a broken spring doesn't make any noise or knocks if its just fractured down near the botom where its common to do so, its only if it snaps in half half way up the spring etc where it dislodges it out from the top/bottom mount