ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear disc brake coversion

renault clio2
What is the simplest way to convert a clio2 1.2 16v to rear disc brakes, is it necessary to fit a sport rear beam/subframe or can the standard subframe be used? I am sure this has been done before any ideas will be apperciated

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
A full beam swap would probably be easier as all the necessary attachments will be on it. I’ll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Apart from aesthetics is there any other reason you want to switch from drum to disc?

4GTS/7.5R/182
You can also use the dCi rear frame - I did this once. Problem was, I could never get the ABS working, and with it off the braking distribution went 50:50, gave me some frightful moments...

But maybe there is someone out there who managed to get the ABS working, or you might be able to delete it!

renault clio2
A full beam swap would probably be easier as all the necessary attachments will be on it. I’ll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Apart from aesthetics is there any other reason you want to switch from drum to disc?
the intention is to build the car up for hill climbing and club motorsport and a better stance or trackwidth might also assist handling with the right suspension

renault clio2
You can also use the dCi rear frame - I did this once. Problem was, I could never get the ABS working, and with it off the braking distribution went 50:50, gave me some frightful moments...

But maybe there is someone out there who managed to get the ABS working, or you might be able to delete it!
well i am guessing that the system would work if the appropriate matches for front setup and any "brain" elements are reset. Think its worth doing more research while i get the parts together

I know the rear abs sensors wire the other way around on sports vs non sports, not 100% how it works though.

renault clio2
well i am guessing that the system would work if the appropriate matches for front setup and any "brain" elements are reset. Think its worth doing more research while i get the parts together
a further thought suggests putting an adjustable bias valve in the brake line to resolve the 50/50 bias