ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear end very skittish

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I have noticed a couple of times when cornering fast that the rear end feels although it is gonna let go and im gonna spin. It scared the sh1t out of me when it first did it.
Im sure it isnt normal cos it doesnt feel safe.
Any ideas?
It has done 20k.

Dave

Check the tyre pressures first.

It might be the tracks though but check the tyres thats uaully the issue.

R35 GTR
I had a problem tight round roundabouts because tyre pressures were too low, the front end was gripping more and oversteering so sending me into sideway slides, upped the pressure all round from 28 (ooops, should keep an eye on it) to 32 f 30r, all is good now. Doesnt slide as much.

hi mate this did the same thing on mine and both of my rear shocks were buggered had them replaced with addtional apex springs he he and the car is just an animal in the corners now awesome!!! cheers mate hope this helps

Yes.. Check the rear shocks. This is what is wrong with my 172.. rears are gone on mine, and this is how the car behaves (assuming tyre pressures are all ok)