ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear exhaust box outer casing corroded

BG Clio 182
That was one of my advisories after my MOT this week, i still have the original Renault exhaust and the car has done 48,698 miles i did have a pipe fail on it a few years back which i got replaced at Renault but since then its been fine. Now i a bit of a novice at this sort of thing but i fear that a new exhaust may be required in the not to distant future.

Should i be worried and start googling for a new exhaust?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can either find a used part or get an aftermarket stainless system, there aren't many options when it comes to a stock replacement.

I shudder to think at the price Renault might try and charge to replace the rear silencer, gotta be well over a grand?

182 clio
That was one of my advisories after my MOT this week, i still have the original Renault exhaust and the car has done 48,698 miles i did have a pipe fail on it a few years back which i got replaced at Renault but since then its been fine. Now i a bit of a novice at this sort of thing but i fear that a new exhaust may be required in the not to distant future.

Should i be worried and start googling for a new exhaust?
I gave away a scorpion le man's aswell was to loud now for me.
Changed to a resonated Janspeed which I bought for 80 cat back.

I gave away a scorpion le man's aswell was to loud now for me.
Changed to a resonated Janspeed which I bought for 80 cat back.

Exact change I did a while back, granted the scorpion was dead. The janspeed sounds much better, actually gives out a tone not just a drone

182 clio
Exact change I did a while back, granted the scorpion was dead. The janspeed sounds much better, actually gives out a tone not just a drone
Yeah I agree. Scorpion sounded OK few years back as car wasn't getting driven far and mostly b roads. But now Alot of dual carriageway and motorway driving. So needed it not to be so loud ?
Very nice note off the Janspeed when pushing on and really quiet through town. Also removed the Decat scorpion one aswell might fit it again not sure tho.