ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Exhaust Hanger

Black 172 PH2
Any companies out there looking at making one thats stronger than the Renault one?

I think the OE rubber is comparable to a Cadburys Curly Wurly in strength!

PH1 172 Sport
I think K-Tec may be.

Try a search theres plenty on doing this yourself. Theres also a guide in the guides section.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I really don't know why no-one has yet, they'd make a fair bob out of it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think I may have overcome this issue using string tied to keep the mount in the shape designed. Had it on for a few weeks and no problems and my KTEC Stealth is perfectly hidden.

Will try and get a guide up in the next couple of days if you like.

Black 172 PH2
Im going to JMS to fit there brace kit.
Ill check the guides section Caister, to see if i can bodge it a bit myself lol.

DrRollo, my thoughts exactly.

Black 172 PH2
I think I may have overcome this issue using string tied to keep the mount in the shape designed. Had it on for a few weeks and no problems and my KTEC Stealth is perfectly hidden.

Will try and get a guide up in the next couple of days if you like.

A guide for that would be good, may help some people.
Im hoping the JMS thing will sort mine.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The JMS one is very good, I've had that. But mine has now, under the weight of the stealth, become so battered that it wasn't strong enough.

I bought this one http://economycarparts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/30 and it was even worse than the one I already had on it. I assume mine was standard, exhaust was fitted already when I bought it, but the linked was so crap, I decided to fix the original one I had on.

I'll see if I can get a guide up in the next few days. Its a real easy job, only 3 bolts on the mount and I did it without jacking the car up.

Da

Less
Andy AKA Makavelli had adjustable ones made up for his BTB'd 182. Might be worth a PM?

Da

Less
No, as far as I know he made just the two for his 182. I couldn't say for definite though.

Clio 172
I just made up a second mount on the other side of the back box and bolted it to the spare wheel well works a treat and exhaust never hangs down anymore.

Ph1
The bits of pipe method between the holes in the stock rubber mount works a treat as per Prospeed and various guides on here