ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear fog dash light comes on when braking??

Clio 1.5 DCI
As topic, the rear fog dash light flashes briefly when I put my foot on the brake pedal?! Anyone know what courses this? Short or bad earth somewhere?

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This used to happen to my old Fiat Bravo. It turned out to be a bad earth in one of the rear clusters.

happened in my old 106 bad earth in the rear cluster. could be rust crossing the tracks

was quite funny with my 106 as it was baaaad when i pressed the brake the rear fogs would come on and so would the headlights

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i tried wd40 didnt work, had to get a screw driver, with a bit of sand paper on the end and get rid of the rust that way, then put some contact cleaner on it for it to work again

clio...
Interesting, Its twice i've had this same problem... sometimes does it when I indicate.

First time it was because the boot lightbulb wasn't in the socket... happening again now but havent had time to rummige around.

Clio 1.5 DCI
Tried all of the above with no joy. No rust on connections could be seen.

How can i check the earth for the rear clusters?