ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear knocking

This may be a real spaz-ma-taz question. However, I have a knocking come from the rear and i'd like some pointers as to where to look. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly but it's definitely coming from the rear, it's quite a bassy thud, and it's when i go over larger bumps. I have checked under the car but can't see anything obvious. Exhaust hangers are ok, heat shield is securely attached, exhaust doesn't appear to be knocking against anything. I've recently had Cooksport springs put on but the knocking was there before these were added. I have checked rear seats, light units etc etc but other than that i don't know where to pull and prod! I appreciate there may be 1001 causes but any advice welcome.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it's got a non standard exhaust, my money will be on that.

My blue one did it so I packed out the exhaust hangers with two old sockets and it shut up. Got the exhaust sitting perfect too!

Knackered rear shock?

Wouldn't I have other handling issues if the shock was knackered?

If it's got a non standard exhaust, my money will be on that.

My blue one did it so I packed out the exhaust hangers with two old sockets and it shut up. Got the exhaust sitting perfect too!

Yeah it is aftermarket, and it doesn't sit quite right. The hangers do look ok but I'll have a closer inspection over the weekend i think then. Cheers.