ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Light Transplant

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
At the moment I have colour coded rear lights from K-tec, but im still not happy with the rear off my car it looks a little too subtle when compared to the front end.

There are no lights out there for a clio I like, so I'm going to have to look at other cars.........

Any Ideas as to what would suit? I thought about Lexis IS200 lights but its already been done.

How about S2000 rear lights? Good looking light but not really the right shape?

Smoothed in R34 GTR lights? I could get a set of after market LED lights froma R34 GTR and have them smoothed in, 2 Circles?

I'm stuck for ideas, anyone?

DSC01154.gif

Thats with shitty lexus lights.

thanks

A well built VW
Sqare the boot off and the stick LED's from just under the spoiler where the curve comes down from the roof to the top of the lights position now - that extreme enough for you

pS needs a bigger spoiler

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The Big Yin said:
Sqare the boot off and the stick LED's from just under the spoiler where the curve comes down from the roof to the top of the lights position now - that extreme enough for you

pS needs a bigger spoiler

Spoilers on way,

Hmm not sure about that idea, someone has squared off the boot and got leds in the bumper and another has them in the wiper area

Renault Clio Mk1 1.4 RT
I have an idea mate - how about just two rectangular thinish lights on the back - i think they would have to wrap just slightly around to follow the shape of the car!!!

I know this is going to sound wrong but a squarer version of the fiat Brava / Bravo ones!!

But with 2 of them instead of 3!!

Cheers,

Dumpy

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
dumpy said:
I have an idea mate - how about just two rectangular thinish lights on the back - i think they would have to wrap just slightly around to follow the shape of the car!!!

I know this is going to sound wrong but a squarer version of the fiat Brava / Bravo ones!!

But with 2 of them instead of 3!!

Cheers,

Dumpy

liking that idea, originally was thinking of the brava!

1.6 focus zetec....
Whats happened to your car duckie???

Back on topic...sorry but i dont agree with focus or punto lights!! The R34 lights sound like a good idea and picturing it....it'll look good!! Anyone awesome in shop???

Kiza

kiza1986 said:
Whats happened to your car duckie???

Back on topic...sorry but i dont agree with focus or punto lights!! The R34 lights sound like a good idea and picturing it....it'll look good!! Anyone awesome in shop???

Kiza

will pm you about my car.

as for the lights, was thinking them smoothed into the rear 1/4 panels could look good, not sure tho

1.6 focus zetec....
Dunno...the window seems to go to far across and the back end isnt slopping enough for focus lights....perhaps punto traffic lights

How about doing this

crazyclio.gif

That'd definetley make your car stand out. I've hidden the lights in the gap below the boot lid. I started doing this on my old vw caddy using superbright l.e.d's but never got it wired up. I fitted the l.e.d's into a piece of perspex then made a cover over them in tinted perspex. This mean when the lights were off they were practically invisible.

Matt

1.6 focus zetec....
Thats an excellent idea above....forget extending the boot lid...get some led's in there!!

Kiza