ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear lights dimming when indicating.

Another one of the list of things that failed the mot.
Tried replacing all bulbs back to standard...so chrome indicator bulbs and led sidelights tken out...

Still the rear lights flash dimmly when any indicator is on.

Getting really peed off with this bag of shite now.

Any suggestions please
Andy

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine used to do this, you tried cleaning all the connections? This is meant to help a bit.

I ended up having to replace the rear lights. Can pick them up dirt cheap any way.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Check what I said to Eliganza in faults section yesterday, nothing to do with bulbs as i said yesterday and as Chip said above, it's the connectors in the light plugs being to loose, you need to not just clean them but also make it tighter in there, I ended up soldering them in the block and making the metal thicker to stop this, eventually the fog light will flash up on your dash and the clocks will dim etc and the whole rear light becomes an Xmas tree.

Ok thanks. ..just read it through. .
So you say its the actual plug that comes out of the bodywork then rather than the actual bulb holders?
Don't understand what you mean about soldering the plug :confused:

Fiesta ST2 MP215
the plus that the wires go into, the plus that goes into the light connector, this one. the earth is the leftest most one if you look at it the way it joing the light itself, check this, it will probably be poor aligned or something with crap all over it, what i had to do was put some solder over it to make it thicker so the join was more secure, once it's loose it will come loose again and again.

Really big thanks to you fot your help.
Wiggling the connector on the back of the holder confirmed the problem is the connector.
So I carefully bent the pins out slightly on he holder and also closed up the terminals on the connector and refitted. ...
Sorted :D

Thanks again :thumbup:

Well thing's seem to be going from bad to worse...
Noticed last night my reverse lights are no longer working.
Started the car this morning to see the service light on.
I also have no climate control, no windscreen washers, no rear wash wipe and no reverse lights.
Haven't checked everything yet...
Help?
Andy

Im hoping that's what's happened. ...
After I sorted the lights last night I didn't use reverse till last thing. It might be that blew the fuse and I didn't notice other things not working till this morning.
Manual shows 2 fuses for front wipers and a separate one for rear...will pull them tonight.
Would this cause the serv light to come on though?

I can't imagine a bit of fiddling on the rear light prong would bring the serv light on though.
What about UCH relays under the pass footwell, nothing loose there? I know they control some body functions.

Thought it was better to bring up a old thread for my problem.

At a loose end with trying to solve rear sidelights dimming when indicating or using hazards.
Replaced the indicator bulbs and side lights - no change
Checked all plugs and pins - no rust/corrosion
Tightened up connectors - no change
Earth wires in boot intact
Removed hazard switch - no change
Checked all fuses - all complete

Any other ideas to what this could be? Stalk?