ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear lights not working

Mk2 Clio
my rear lights dont seem to be working propely

the rear indicator on the left isnt working

and the brakelight on the left isnt working ethier

i have replaced the bulbs and still not working

i think its a wiring falt, what should i do

try fiddling with the connector block as they can be unreliable

could take it off, clean connectors and spray some white grease/vaseline in there; see if that helps

Mk2 Clio
i think its the connector block as if i fiddle it they come on and off

how can i sort it out, as sounds like i need go renault but then that sounds very expensive lol just to fix a few wire falts

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
mine was knacked a few months ago, my mechanic did as follows. scrape off any corrosion from the male pins and connector block. spray with WD40 and retry. It would come on, but as soon as you moved go off again, he unclipped the block and where the pins are for the male connector to go between he scraped them and sprayed and still they were not constant so he used a flat head screwdriver and slightly pushed the pins in the block that meet the male connector together so they would have more contact. This worked and they are currently ok. He did warn me to get another block just in case. But its been fine. I think it was when one of my rear lights was slightly damaged after a crash and moisure got to the block.

Hope that helps

Mk2 Clio
yeah thanks mate, lots help, will do it thursday, i think its because i have taken the light out quite a few times that the pins may have came louse, i hope this does work lol

www.renparts.co.uk
its a common problems, we sell a lot of repair looms for the rear lights, and rear light bulb holders.
thanks
josh

Lots of Alfas
Try wd40 on the wiring block and pins, normally the pins corrode and the crappy metal clips break.

Mk2 Clio
ye will get a can wd40 on thursday, hopefully they will work, if not looks like my student loan will be used at repairs by renualt lol

PH1 172
ye will get a can wd40 on thursday, hopefully they will work, if not looks like my student loan will be used at repairs by renualt lol

No need to take it to renault as if they go on and off when you fiddle with the connector block then it's going to be a loose/dirty connection.

Disconnect the block and clean the connections up using an old toothbrush and WD40, both the housing in the lights and the connector block. Might sound silly but but disconnect the battery while you clean the connectors on the wire ends as you don't want to short anything and blow a fuse ;)