ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear lights question

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Might seem a wierd question but is it impossible to take the plastic outer casing off the front of the rear lights of my Mk2 Ph2 without damaging anything? It seems like its just glued or sealed on to the main unit.

I fancy doing something different with the rear lights rather than just tinting them.

Cheers, Adam.

Chocolate Bar™
tried this and couldnt get it off myself. if it was glass you can put it in the oven to soften the sealant, but didnt want to risk it (with it being plastic)

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Cheers for the reply Middo. Wonder whether using a hairdryer on a hot setting would soften the sealant? lol

Lee

BMW M2C
Sounds like what the Impreza guys do to detango the fronts. I think they use the over or possibly even the microwave.

al

ST on the way...
Tried it with my Renault 5 lights once before and just succeded in breaking one, spare luckily!

Chocolate Bar™
i've got a spare set of the 'lexus' renault ones. tried to stanley knife the seal away and couldnt manage it.

dont fancy using the oven on them, but dont think a hairdryer would work as the sealant doesnt go soft under the extreme heat we've just been having. might be worth a shot though.