ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear numberplate coming off at one side

Octavia VRS
My last plates had screws but when the new ones were fitted the garage just stuck them down.

One side of my rear numberplate is coming away - anyone know where to get these sticky little things about?!! Are they just like double sided tape?

The girlfriend said I should superglue it on!!! - then she realised her mistake by the look of disgust on my face at that suggestion lol

Cheers

Trophy No. 440
I seem to remember that you can buy sticky double-sided foam strips for sticking on number plates from Halfrauds. They come in two thicknesses for flat or curved surfaces. I would imagine that you can get them from any car spares place. ;)

_Kenny_ said:
My last plates had screws but when the new ones were fitted the garage just stuck them down.

One side of my rear numberplate is coming away - anyone know where to get these sticky little things about?!! Are they just like double sided tape?

The girlfriend said I should superglue it on!!! - then she realised her mistake by the look of disgust on my face at that suggestion lol

Cheers

m8 try the velco strips , from morrisons , male /female strips with stick back on reverse . ideal really get a couple of packs 2.50odd .;) in the sowing section lol .

_Kenny_ said:
Thanks folks

not blowing me own trumpet , but used the velco strips on my battery cover , easy to remove with a bit of force , use alot of strips but talk about stuck down .........pmsl .wont budge m8 lol

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you can get the proper ones in halfords, they REALLY stick the plate on. I'd be worried about people nicking my plates with velcro.

R20GRC said:
you can get the proper ones in halfords, they REALLY stick the plate on. I'd be worried about people nicking my plates with velcro.

good point , but nobody will know its velcro , if someone tugs at ur licence plate they got intentions to take it which ever way u look at it .;)