ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Parking Sensors

Clio 182 FF
No I'm not female :p. And yes I can park the 182 perfectly fine. Now that's out of the way...

I did find the other day that I nearly forgot that it doesn't have sensors though, because all our other cars have them I guess I kinda got used to them! Has anyone ever retrofitted them to a Clio? Were they a factory option that the previous owner of mine didn't tick?

When I was washing all our cars, I noticed the plastic insert on the 182s rear bumper (none of our other cars have anything like it). Was it there for a purpose? To me it looks like it would be where Renault would have fitted parking sensors if you'd ticked the option... but then again I don't think I've ever seen a Mk2 Clio with parking sensors so maybe it wasn't an option? I did end up on Streamline Carbon's website pricing up a carbon fibre bumper insert to replace it!

As I said earlier, I don't need parking sensors... I'm just intrigued if they ever came with them and whether people retrofit them as part of the whole OEM+ scene. Ideally of-course I'd like a set of Laser Interceptor parking sensors ;), but no doubt I'd end up in trouble with the plod!

Clio 182 FF
What are laser interceptor parking sensors??
It's like those garage door openers from a couple of years back... it's a set of parking sensors that just happens to jam mobile speed cameras.

The problem with them is that they're rectangular fag-packet size units, rather than the traditional circular parking sensors, so it's pretty obvious what you've got them for. Like with regular jammers a few years ago, if you were to get a signal from the police, slow down to the speed limit, and then turn them off so that the police can get a reading you'd probably be fine... but people just left the jammers on all the time and drove past giving the police the two fingered salute - so now any error their cameras get makes them suspicious.

I was only joking about getting those Laser Interceptor sensors, they're far more expensive and it's a regular circular set that I reckon the bumper insert was designed for.