ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear seats out - new noises?

182 Cup
Not really sure what section to put this in, so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

As it was easy to do, I thought I'd take the rear seats out of the car as a few people had said that you can hear the exhaust a fair bit better and there may be some weight loss benefits.

You can definately hear the (standard) exhaust much better with everything out, but I'm also hearing a reasonably loud whooshing noice, very similar to a turbo spooling up. What is this? Is it normal? My guesses are either a leaking exhaust or the fuel pump. Anyone know?

Iceburg 172FF
Silly question but you did put the big bolts that hold the seat brackets back in didnt you?

Petrol Blue 182.
i had to take my seats out the other month, i just assumed it was water off the tires sprayin on the arches as it was wet lol and general road noise

182-racing-blue

It sounds like the whining from the fuel sender unit.... nothing to worry about as N!CK R said.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i can hear the fuel pump whining a bit with the seats in.
take the bolts out of the holes! its more weight that you dont need!

182 Cup
Not really, I can't be bothered to weigh the stuff I took out, but I'd be very surprised if it added up to more than 20kg. After I've taken more of the inner pannels out and swapped the fat Recaros for something more focused it might be noticable - but I'm not holding my breath!