ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Suspension Knock

172 Cup
Hi,

I know there are tons of threads about this but struggling to correctly diagnose.
Recently had fitted replacement shocks (pair of) to my 172 Cup and got a quite loud knocking noise when going over large bumps/speedbumps on the rear.
If I go over a speedbump as soon as both wheels hit the bump it bangs. If I go over the speedbump and only one wheel hits the bump on the off side for example there doesn't seem to be a bang. Only seems to bang when both wheels are hitting the speedbump.

Hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be??

Cheers

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Have you checked the springs are seated correctly, and that the two nuts, ie one at the bottom and one at the top on the inside of the car are fastened correctly?

172 Cup
They look like they are seated correctly. Nuts both feel tight.

Sounds a very metallic bang, checked the exhaust isn't banging, and whilst it does wobble a bit can't see it hitting anything if I knock it with my foot.