ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear suspension problem

Renaultsport 172 ph1
Morning folks!

It would appear my rear suspension isn't working... Best way to describe it is that, it's bouncy? E.g.when hitting a bump in the road the car bounces up and down uncomfortably for a while.
The car is also noticeably higher at the back too.
The previous owner only put springs on I believe and didn't change the dampers, could this be the issue?

Anu suggestions would be great..
Many thanks

Renaultsport 172 ph1
Hmm, I'll get under and have a look this weekend. Might just get a full new set of coilovers, any suggestions? She's a ph1 172 (knocking on a little) if it helps?

Seat Ibiza
I never used coil overs mate, I just went down the route of standard shocks with eibach sport lines. Worked well enough for the road.

A decent set of coil overs is around £500+ though and 2x rear shocks, if seized or broken, are £100 tops from Wests.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
One or both of the shockers may have blown. Does it feel like its not tracking properly at the back on bends...that is a good sign that one has gone.