ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear suspension woes

Clio 172
Hi there!

I've had my clio a little while now and the car was lowered before I bought it, I was changing the brake fluid and noticed that the rear springs were a coilover kit rear spring on anew adjustable platform.

The only issue is that the previous owner thought it would be a clever ides to achieve "maximum lows" by removing the upper adjuster ring.

I've been part of the volkswagen "let's take out the helper springs" scene before and this isn't what I want for this car, as it makes the back end feel rather skittish around corners sometimes as the shocks aren't really working to the ideal parameters.

Does anyone know what adjuster rings are the right size? Or does anyone know where I can pick up the adjustable platforms from without having to buy a new set of springs.

I don't really want to have to fork out more than necessary.

Thanks, here is a photograph to show you how low the back sits

3882e025c33467874a657b57e9673a92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There aren't many suspension options that offer adjustable rear height, the ones that do are priced close to a grand. Stuff like Spax, Avon, KTR etc etc

So if you don't like them take it off and flog it for a good chunk of change, you should have plenty to buy other suspension more to your liking.

Clio 172
They're a normal lowering springs kit bar the rear springs and adjuster platform, fronts are lowering springs on standard shocks, I'd like the ktec coilover kit but not at the moment haha

I'll have a look around for platforms

Clio 172
It probably is in all honesty, no brand I might invest in some decent shocks and springs in the future

Clio 172
So spoke to a mate who gave me some spring platforms off an ibiza to see how I get on! Hopefully sort out the rears, if like a little bit of rake to it tbh but I think it would make it a little more comfy and better handling too

182cup & 172 racecar
That doesn't loo that low at all to me. Might as well just get a complete set of new standard cup shocks all round, wouldn't look any different, and would handle a dream.

Clio 172
Well it's making the best of the situation at the moment, gonna save up for cup shocks and cooksport springs as I've heard they are the best set up tbh

Clio 172
So I had the car in at work today (I'm always at work lol) and had a look at this suspension issue, luckily the spring seats are still there so I took them off and cleaned them up and wound them up!

The car rides so much smoother and feels alot more positive when driving, definite improvement!

They are race land springs and adjusters and the springs are tiny, they don't sit very well on the spring seats though so may end up getting new springs sooner than I thought

Here is how she sits now

770dbc91cfc76353341493b7d2ddf56f.jpg