ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear tyres scrubbing :(

RB 182 Cup
Ok got 195/50/15 tyres all round and its lowerd approx 60mm on eibach sportlines (exactly the same off the height off the ground as my 60mm gmax springs which were lower then my 40mm apex's) and apex dampers and has 5mm spacers on all round. Used to scrub a bit more but some how pushed the arch liners in a bit further. Was out tonight and was 3 up and it was scrubbing like a b**ch :(. When stationary it looks alot hihger then when its going on and still its not even that low really, is there anyway i can stop the scrubbing without taking the archliners out? Read on her a few people have 195/50/15s with no problems atall unless they dont relise its scrubbing?

thanks

alex

D

dick

is camber angle adjustable on the none RS models?

as i feel it would be good to have a bit more as i dont go that fast in a line, i just tend not to brake for corners / rounabouts! = expensive on tyres!

Ok got 195/50/15 tyres all round and its lowerd approx 60mm on eibach sportlines is there anyway i can stop the scrubbing without taking the archliners out? Read on her a few people have 195/50/15s with no problems atall unless they dont relise its scrubbing?
No one listens I've been saving for ages they scub but its only noticed when the cars running either lowered or being driven with the suspension compressed a lot.
is camber angle adjustable on the none RS models?

as i feel it would be good to have a bit more as i dont go that fast in a line, i just tend not to brake for corners / rounabouts! = expensive on tyres!
Not on the back without plates only the front as you can get can get camber bolts or modify the bolt spacing.

Rear setups very good running a bit more forund ends good but has its idsadvanategs and een for me who drivees the car hard I#m not willing to make the sacrifices.

BMW M135i
Yep as edde said 195s will scrub but not very noticably unless you have lowered the car. My old 1.6 on an apex -40mm kit and 195s used to scrub the rear arch liners but not as you could tell when driving only by seeing the scoring when you took the wheel off. On -60mm and 3 up I imagine it'll be worse obviously, bigger spacers would solve it but thats about all you could do really.