ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear-view mirror trouble!

clio dynamique
I recently bought a 2004 Clio Dyanamique from a private seller, for some reason though she said she didn't have the rear-view mirror, well she did, but just not the ball&socket joint used to slide it onto the metal plate in the car.
So, I bought another full mirror on Ebay but when I've come to attach it, I just can't.
The metal plate itself is very close to what I think is the bit of kit that senses rainfall on the windscreen for that particular wiper setting but i'm not sure (it's bascially a small black box sort of with a casing over it.
When I come to attach it, it seems the rain sensor thing gets in the way so it can't properly get to the fitting.
I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong or whatever but I don't see any other way around it.
It doesn't look like it's been moved by the previous owner or whatever so i must be going wrong somehow, just no idea where!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
sounds like you are trying to attach it upside down, the mirror attaches below the rain sensor