ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper has a mind of it's own

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a weird one, but recently when i pull the stalk back to spray my front windscreen the rear wiper also activates.

It goes on for about half a dozen wiping motions before it stops, and when it stops it finishes short of it's normal resting position.

I'm guessing it's a wiring/UCH issue, but i don't know where to start.

I might just unplug/de-wiper it tbh. But if it's the start of something serious failing i'd like to sort it.

dan's cast offs.
check the relays are all in place on the uch, they can get knocked by big footed passengers.

dan's cast offs.
sit in the passengers side and kick up with your left foot and you'll boot the relays:tonguewink:
they are at the bulkhead end of the uch, you can see them if you can be bothered contorting yourself into the passengers footwell but just do it by feel.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
sit in the passengers side and kick up with your left foot and you'll boot the relays:tonguewink:
they are at the bulkhead end of the uch, you can see them if you can be bothered contorting yourself into the passengers footwell but just do it by feel.

Cool, i'll have a look.