ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rebuilding a computer

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I'm having a crack at rebuilding my PC, can anyone recommend a good site to buy components? I'm looking to buy a motherboard, processor (64bit), some memory (1Gig) and a graphics card (256).

Has anyone built thier own and was there any problems you encountered. I'm basically stripping down my old PC and reusing the Tower, fan, DVD and CDRW drives, then replacing the rest. I am looking at spending around the £300 mark, any advise or info very much welcomed.

Cheers

Ant

Clio 172mk2
tower depends what type it is, some need different screw hole placements most can be moved but depends if u need more

the psu dends on the wattage and age of it might need a new one,

u`ll def have to buy a suitable heatsink n fan

also what hd has u might wanna upgrade that too

try cclonline.com

Thanks

I'll need a HD as well probably after a 160Gb or maybe 250Gb. Is it possible to build a good PC with £300,

Yea, but I don't think it'll be an Athlon64.

Some prices which you expect to pay for normal stuff,

RAM, £70-£120
CPU £100-£150
Mobo £70-£100
HDD £50/£60
PSU £50
VGA Card - varies loads. Depends if you want gaming or just desktop stuff. say £60-£100.

Clio 172mk2
depends how decent u want it and what u have at the mo to compare it to i mean when i upgraded i spent

100 cpu
130 grfx
110 mboard
150 ram

about 500 quid ish but i added to that later, ok i went for a fairly high spec at the time,

think what u need to think of what u use yer system for , wether u need the upgrade , as theres no point wasting cash

I will be using it for a bit of gaming, more office and internet stuff, but at the moment i cannot get it to run well.

I had problems ever since ME stopped running properly. Since then i had to use the recovery disc to put it back to factory setting, but still no use. I have now put XP on but it is still riddled with problems, however it does do the basics, won't run any games though.

was hoping to ditch some of the components for upgrades, im hope of a better machine.

Clio 172mk2
well if xp is installed right (from fresh) nothing on hd to start with u shouldt have n e problems , providing u have all the right drivers .

running games depends on alot of things nowadays pain in ass , better with a console :p

i have installed all the drivers, however it still says various components or software programmes aren't running correctly.

When i try and play any games it appears there is an issue with the graphics side of things, and it crashes. i only want to play Sim City 4, i don't have any other games, As i use the PS2 for those.

Any ideas?

Monaro VXR
Id say for what your after its pretty much impossible to do it for £300

Your looking around £500ish maybe little under Otherwise your gonna end up with some components that arent worth having basically to put it into your budget.