ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling pc advice

AG 200 CUP
Alright so have a pc with the following specs

Nzxt special edition phantom full tower case with red LED
OCZ 700w silver semi modualr psu
intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ processor
G skill ripsaw 8gb 1,600MHZ DDR3 RAM (2 4GB sticks)
Asus p8z68-v lx socket 1155 on baord grahpics atx motherboard
seagate 500GB 7200rpm 16mb catch HDD
gigabyte GTX 560 oc edition grahpics card
sandisc 128GB SSD
HP DVD-rw cd drive thing
windows 7 64bit

Is it best to just sell it as it is or brake it down and sell things individually? not sure it's all worth much now built it back in 2012 cost a bit back then though.

AG 200 CUP
I have no idea what to do will have a look what they are going for. Would rather just sell it as it saves me taking it all apart lol

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Still think £450 is optimistic...

Second hand PCs are like new cars, possibly even worse, the second you've opened it it's worth half what you paid for it, there's so much choice available, and some of the bits in this PC weren't even top of the line back in 2012 when it was new.

For reference, I sold an i5 PC for £150. Although I did want it gone.

AG 200 CUP
was about to say cost just shy of 1k would be nice to get 700-800 lol might put it up for 400 ono on a local selling page to save the ebay fees and see how it goes :up:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Be lucky to get 400 imo.

PC hardware changes rapidly so 3 year old stuff isn't worth a great deal to most people.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Good lad. It is a weird market place - PCs, as they have evolved the moment you do your first driver update. Can be a little annoying and disheartening once you come to sell or replace as they have lost 80% of their value.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
You have to build almost "Future proof". So push your budget and get what you really can knowing you can add at a later date.

It's good too to allow your system to run at 20% with everything wound up to the absolute max. Mine for example, Unreal 4 engine tester, Video player and PS loaded and it's only using 18% of it's whole resources. That's on a 3 monitor system i7 and that base-unit was circa £1k. Also get value for cash too ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yep, sell it for whatever you can IMO.

£200 is probably lower end of the spectrum, but I'd be amazed if someone paid £400 for that. You could take it apart, but there's not a huge market for 2nd hand MOBOs from what I've seen. The CPU would sell for the most coin, rest of it would be pittance IMO.

Just put it in a corner like the rest of us do so in 10 years time you have more computers than you know what to do with :p (Srsly though, selling as a whole machine is a good idea if you're sure you're not going to use any of the parts again).