ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rebuilding F4R recomendations

172 cup'd extreme
rebuilding 172 engine from scratch , i want it to rev High, i have con rods forged pistons but i need to know what you lot recomment for the rest starting with the bottom end in the next few weeks including a helix clutch and alu fly wheel the onto the head with some sort of cam , also would you go for higher compression ?

cheers

components mean 30%, its the builders skill at manipulating tolerances to what he wants that will ensure a good build.

Get the pistons/rods balanced as matched sets, then get the crank balanced, then the front pulley and flywheel balanced on their own, not as part of the crank.

I have plenty of camshaft profiles and the ability to tweek any to suit your needs.

Remember to check cam timing and piston/valve clearance on the first dry build.

Static CR will depend on the state of your induciton system, head and cam profile.

172 cup'd extreme
bottom end ill be sorting ill be coming to you for the head work ben, Im doing it to learn about engines too

Its not that hard, but its all in the details, and getting the details spot on is hard as were talking tenths of a thou minimum.

Lionel Richie
do you need to rev it that high???

higher comp works well (as you found out when i took you for that wee blast!!!)

Audi TT 225
16v_jon said:
rebuilding 172 engine from scratch

*envy* good luck it sounds like its going to be tasty. Are you planning on taking pics and posting your progress?

Ferrari enzo
I'll be very keen to see rpm levels and their reliability from anyone who goes this far. Still seriously contemplating racifying mine.

Yes, the builder is the key.

172 cup'd extreme
yeah fred , higher comp and low down torque like the yoz mobile like it to rev safely to 8k it aint gonna be a daily driver this is my white 172 project

rich i will be taking pictures i want it to be ready for FCS to compete with freds F4R turbo