ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro’s

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Hi all,
I am after a set of recaro’s and have seen a set on Facebook which are £950.

the drivers seat has some scratch and small rips which would need fixing and the backs look fairly scratched which I know is normal but I would want to fix both before putting in my rb182 cup

so has anyone had the seats repaired including the backs? And if so what were the rough costs and who did it? Separately is £950 the going cost for the seats nowadays??

thanks

pete

Attachments

• B001AD51-F82E-40CF-BA03-7DB88E87D71F.jpeg
    B001AD51-F82E-40CF-BA03-7DB88E87D71F.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 50

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi all,
I am after a set of recaro’s and have seen a set on Facebook which are £950.

the drivers seat has some scratch and small rips which would need fixing and the backs look fairly scratched which I know is normal but I would want to fix both before putting in my rb182 cup

so has anyone had the seats repaired including the backs? And if so what were the rough costs and who did it? Separately is £950 the going cost for the seats nowadays??

thanks

pete

£950! these have certainly shot up in price. They were going for £650 tops not so long ago.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I think a new clamshell for the rear of the trendlines used to be available for capital seating. Not cheap though.

Bolster wear should not cost too much to get repaired, £100 ish.

To be fair they sound like top money considering the damage. Id see if any meg r26 seats are available in better nick and change the bases.

Also check the plastic seat bases are not cracked/ damaged, seem this on a few sets.

koksracing

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Great thanks, are the megane seats exactly the same besides changing the bases?also when you say change the bases - do you mean the runners or do I need to change the whole base? I was going to get a set of the Jon fonz xlow sub frames so megane seats seem a better bet

thanks

Pete

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Meg r26 are identical trim to trophy.

Yep meant subframes need changing, the jon foz are spot on.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
950 seems steep to me
If they was mint then fair enough but they aren't.

You'll probably never lose any money on them though but forking out 950 then more for repairs will be rubbish

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
As said R26 Megane one’s are exactly the same. But the subframes won’t fit. I bought a pair of Jon Foz Xlow Trendline adapters which utilise the clio sliders. Think they are £200. I paid around £650 for my Trendlines about a year ago. So I recon I’m in for a grand once I have a small repair completed on the bolster. The seating position with Jon Foz frames is vastly superior to the standard clio Trendline set up.

I will say, that whilst they look great they aren’t great seats. Not overly supportive and pretty poorly made. I’d happily swap mine for a decent fixed bucket setup