ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro CS from Clio sports - swap adjusters

gr, m2
Hi all,

Hoping someone here (Recaro CS experts) can help out!

I've got a pair of used Recaro CS used from a Clio sports fitted on my Toyota GR Yaris (sorry not a Renault Clio sports).

Issue is the adjusters to tilt the backrest is located on the seatbelt buckle. Unfortunately it's hitting the centre console.. anyone know if it's possible to swap the adjusters to the opposite direction? where the side airbag is located?

Pls see pic. Thank you!

1676925899065.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How's the seat belt buckle attached? Would it be possible to swap the seats over? They should unbolt for the base/ frame so swapping the drivers seat to the passenger side etc will do what you want without having to mess with the actual workings of the recliner.

gr, m2
How's the seat belt buckle attached? Would it be possible to swap the seats over? They should unbolt for the base/ frame so swapping the drivers seat to the passenger side etc will do what you want without having to mess with the actual workings of the recliner.

Umm.. Seatbelt buckle is located on the base.. so not sure if swapping that would work? I'll need to go back and have a look see again...

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Buckle will be on the frame and the base bolts to the frame from below. The back also bolts to the frame so you could just unbolt the backs and swap those as the adjuster is on that piece.
IMG_20190622_132241.jpg

That's out of a mk3 clio and was fitted with custom bases to fit a mk2 Clio. The Renault seat frame is a huge thing and didn't marry upto the mk2 floor at all.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Are the airbags wired in? The back panel that houses the airbag is separate to the main back panel and I've seen seats without the airbag so they could be removed. I'm not sure if the airbag could be swapped to be on the other side of the seat back, so from one seat to the other. Apparently the backs are quite easy to remove.

gr, m2
Are the airbags wired in? The back panel that houses the airbag is separate to the main back panel and I've seen seats without the airbag so they could be removed. I'm not sure if the airbag could be swapped to be on the other side of the seat back, so from one seat to the other. Apparently the backs are quite easy to remove.

No side airbags aren't wired.. not sure if they function too.. I will be using airbag resistors to prevent the waning light.

So I've got a custom bases from VBD as the Clio ones weren't standard Recaros.

So nutshell I will need non airbag covers so the adjuster can fit thru that if it's possible to swap?

Quite a nightmare...

gr, m2
Anyone know what these plugs are? Only via the driver's side. The passenger side just has the yellow plug for side airbag.

1676992300018.jpeg

gr, m2
Seat position sensor for the dual stage steering wheel airbag in the Clio and seat belt pretensioner.
I'm guessing both can be ignored in my case? so just the yellow connector is the side airbag.

I've reused the GR Yaris' seat belt buckle and connector to wire the car... just need a solution for the side airbag and passenger side occupancy sensor... any ideas?

Thanks!

1676995814934.jpeg