ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seat rattling

S2 106 GTI
My passenger seat has started rattling when unloaded, it seems to be the runners, I have tried to move the seat in different positions but still rattles. Just wondering if anyone has found a way of fixing this??

Rich

200 Gordini
Its probably the bar and leaver (To move the seat back and forward). Check by rattling the leaver to see if its loose.

If it is, remove the seat and slightly bend it so its tight.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's going to be something ridiculous.... if you can get someone small enough to sit in the footwell, you can drive down a bumpy road slowly with them in the car, or move the seat all the way forward and get them to stick their head in the rear footwell*. Should be able to see/feel/silence something that's moving.

*I take no responsibility when you kill the person in the footwell.

S2 106 GTI
Great idea rob haha it's not really loose as in fear for the passenger, just when you hit a few bumps it rattles, more annoying than anything else

S2 106 GTI
Found some little white half balls (look like from a BB gun) under the seat are these to do with the problem I'm having??

S2 106 GTI
Just been having a good look and noticed there is movement in that area. but there are still the bearings in there. Also when you lift the lever to allow access to the back it doesn't seem to 'wobble' as much.

just need something to pack the area where the bearings are to stop the movement..... any ideas?!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Just been having a good look and noticed there is movement in that area. but there are still the bearings in there. Also when you lift the lever to allow access to the back it doesn't seem to 'wobble' as much.

just need something to pack the area where the bearings are to stop the movement..... any ideas?!

Foam from a cushion?

S2 106 GTI
Yes and no fletch! haha! its stopped for a while but ever so often it gives a little rattle! bought a new subframe which I have to fit some time