ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recaro seats!!!

1.6 16v
does anyone know if its possible to buy a 172/182 with the trophy recaro seats in? was it an optional extra?

also can you buy them on there own, if so how much are they?

thinking of a 172 cup but with the recaro seats!!!!!

thanks!!!

LY 200
You wont get a 172 with them.

Theres a few normal 182's out the with them but few and far between.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
they were an optional extra on the 182, about a £500 option on the FF and £800 on the Cup if memeory serves. not many about with the recaros in tho.

and yes you can buy them seperately, but not from renault.

get them from a recaro dealer. they'll set u bk about £1100 for a pair + more moola for the subframes.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes you can, Capital Seating do them for around £1100 IIRC.

Mine :

FittedB2004Medium.gif

LY 200
^^^Possibly direct at Recaro!?

Best bet is to get in contact with Renault and see, i would've thought no as the 197 is out now and the recaros being used are different!!!

Shed.
over a grand for th seats arent they ? ive seen them for sal on here once. your better off going to a website and buying some yourself, but tbh people say the recaros dont hold you very well.

1.6 16v
cheers guys! do u think it is worth it in a cup? just makes me think y no1 has done it before lol!!!!

LY 200
cheers guys! do u think it is worth it in a cup? just makes me think y no1 has done it before lol!!!!

If you can pick up a second hand set then yes but why would you pay 6/7k for a cup and then pay a grand + for the seats.

May aswell just hunt out a newer 182 cup with them for a similar amount of dosh!?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
not many have done it cuz its hard to justify what easily becomes £1300 on just 2 seats. theyre awesome, but i wudnt part with that kinda cash for one, id just buy a 182 with them or a trophy.

the 197 ones are different yes, and renault wont sell you them seperately, nor will they sell u the old ones (182 style). u need to go to an independent retailer. Recaro direct are more expensive too.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
u wont get them for a great deal less second hand, people know what these are worth, and know that people will bite thier arms off for them.

plus, good luck finding a second hand pair, rarely are any on here. last set on here went for just shy of £1k, without subframes if memory serves!!!

1.6 16v
so if i buy the seats for £1400 i then have to buy the sub-frames seperate! also can i have harnesses and keep the back seats use-able?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yup, subframes separate, lol.

and if u want harnesses, the beack seats have to go, lol.

sparco do some seats that are similar-ish, and about half the bloody price, might be worth a look.

Sparco - Sienna i think.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
capoital seating like you said, i just looked on the sparco website, do a google, loads of retailers.

1.6 16v
na mate i dont really like thm, looks like im just gona have to find a 182 with them already in! insurance will be a bit high but i think its got to be done!!!!

An orange one
dont believe the web prices on capital seating..

ring up...circa £1200 with evrything and postage included

LY 200
^^^182 insurance wont be any different to 172 mate unless your buying the trophy which is a group higher. Will hardly make a difference though.

You'll prob have to pay more for a 172 + seats as it will then be classed as a mod.

LY 200
how about some konig k5000's

IMGP0927.gif

no offence if this is your car but i really dont like these! personal oppinion!!!

There beutays in the flesh, lots better than the Recaros your on about. Unless your buying them for the name the average Joe would take these evrytime!!!

If your from South Essex you'll probs remember a shop in Benfleet called Evolution!? They were a dealer of Konigs and they are one of the comfiest, best lookinf seats iv ever sat in.

1.6 16v
sweet, do you think thats a good price for that car thou? im quite a novice when it comes to clio sports!!!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
not too bad a price, getting into trophy territory tho. tis a low milage example granted, and ull always pay a premium for the recaros.

LY 200
I think its priced at 10k due to the recaros and the low milage.

Its not at a dealer so no extended warrenty or anything so im not sure id pay that for a run of the mill coloured one!!!

1.6 16v
hmmm but as you say its trophy territory and if i can get a good enough quote on a trophy (doubt it) then thats what ill get!!!!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ah right, not far off me then, im 21.

20 when i insured it, 0 years ncb, £1650 on my 52 plate 172 cup, thats 3rd party F&T

that 182 is worth too much to be looking at 3rdPF&T so ull be fully comp, have u had any qoutes? u gotta be looking at 2k easy to insure it...

1.6 16v
i have been quoted £2000 but thats on my dads with me as a named driver! or £3000 on my own with my dad as a named driver! is there anything i can do to bring this down a tad?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yup, get older, lol.

i know it sounds crap but its not worth going on ur dads mate, insurance comapnys are getting so wise to this now and if u smash it up and they decide not to pay out, ur gonne right up the creek (no paddle provided). £3k on ur own is bonkers tho!!

u thought about running sumthing uber cheap for a year to get another years NCb under ur belt?

1.6 16v
like what mate? im bored of my clio, i want something faster and something i can work on! if not then my other option is to get detailing on the car i have for a year so thn next year i can get a car and actually maintain it myself! as i have no idea about how to detail a car! lol

LY 200
i have been quoted £2000 but thats on my dads with me as a named driver! or £3000 on my own with my dad as a named driver! is there anything i can do to bring this down a tad?

How many no claims will you have?? Points/accidents?? Where will the car be kept over night?? Used for commuting or just social??

I was 21 when i got mine, 2 year no claims, gargaged and paid £950 with Admiral last year with my dad as a named driver.

Try Elephant/Admiral in your name with your olds as named drivers!!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
like what mate? im bored of my clio, i want something faster and something i can work on! if not then my other option is to get detailing on the car i have for a year so thn next year i can get a car and actually maintain it myself! as i have no idea about how to detail a car! lol

yeah its worth learning the basics of good detailing, makes all the difference. could always just set about modding ur 1.6 more.

the way i see it ull pay 10k for a car, then 3k to insure it.

13,000, you can get 197's for that!!!!

1.6 16v
im 19 but will wait till im 20 to get the car! would have been driving 2 yrs n 3 months! oncb but no crashes at all and havo had no fines/points!
it will be kept in a garrage behind locked metal gates! (this doesnt seem to make a differance thou)!!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
hmmm, might be worth getting a few more qoutes then. its your call mate but even at 20 (which makes very very little difference) ur gonna be looking at £2k-£2.5k to insure it.

just a case of weather or not u can justify it really, if ur happy to pay it, then go for it.

Id seriously reccomend waiting for 1 years NCB tho, as ur first year is 25-30% off!