ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Speed (O.E Integra/E30/Lancia Seats)

Tav

Clio 197
First post (hello!)

Thinking of buying a Clio 172/182 Cup in the near future. Read plenty about them and I have a few friends who have had them previously. A recurring theme seems to be the poor driving position.

As I understand it the Trophy benefits from a marginally lower driving position thanks to a pair of Recaro Trendline seats and Recaro subframes. I could stretch to a Trophy but given the current financial climate I don't think stretching is particularly wise.

The Trendlines are quite nice but I much prefer the look (and price) of the Recaro Speed: http://www.autometricsmotorsports.com/products/recaro/Speed_PvS_ZG.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of these seats fitted to a Clio 172/182 so I can get an idea of how they fit with the rest of the interior.
Would be nice to see some other Recaro alternatives as well...perhaps the new Sportster CS?

Thanks in advance!

Tav

Clio 197
The trophy seats barely affect the driving position mate.

Should probably have said I'd still like some thing that's closer fitting + a little better looking (objective thing that..)

Friend has a JDM Integra DC2 and to date I think the shape/size of seats are the best I have found for my frame.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
main problem with clio is height. Any new seat normally come with lower position.

I would go for Andy's misanos as there £500 and are nice!! check the for sale section

Tav

Clio 197
Thanks for the suggestions but not really a fan of the Cobra Misanos..head rest/harness hole is a bit..ermm ghoulish? ...the metal frame on the side is a little OTT too.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thanks for the suggestions but not really a fan of the Cobra Misanos..head rest/harness hole is a bit..ermm ghoulish? ...the metal frame on the side is a little OTT too.

They look better than those REcaros tbh

Maybe get a set of recaro's from an evo or something ?? They will be cheap, but won't be a direct fit (would need the subframes)

right i have a mint set of reacro's out of a honda integra type-r i used to have them in my last 2 civics, the seats cost me 700 quid near enough

however for people wanting recaro's you'll need to get frames from recaro dealer or supplier

i was quoted 210quid for both rails together for my recaro seats to fit the clio.

anyone know if they'll sit higher or lower than the std clio 172 leather seats

ceers
jonny.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Trophy/Trophy-Recaro driving position is worse than a normal 182 imo!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
how tall are you? I would prefer for you not to cum all over me but more specific areas tbh makes it less messy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't listen to Daniel. Rumour is he's mad. He's serious about coming on Riz though.
For seats, I wouldn't go for Recaro's. Great seats, but because they use the original subframe, the driving position is too high.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't listen to Daniel. Rumour is he's mad. He's serious about coming on Riz though.
For seats, I wouldn't go for Recaro's. Great seats, but because they use the original subframe, the driving position is too high.

Self ownage my love?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you two a double act? Like cannon and ball? Or the chuckle brothers?!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Are you two a double act? Like cannon and ball? Or the chuckle brothers?!

Nah like CLeopatra comin at ya, infact theres three of us. 2 from brum 1 from brissol. We could pull this off.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that bird in your profile pic a member off here?!!!!! IIRC, she lives by me.

Anyway, back on topic....

Is there any actual proof that the Trophy Recaros are actually lower than FF seats?? I could swear they were higher.....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is that bird in your profile pic a member off here?!!!!! IIRC, she lives by me.

Anyway, back on topic....

Is there any actual proof that the Trophy Recaros are actually lower than FF seats?? I could swear they were higher.....
Yep 10mm lower. Couldn't be lower, or the more crash tests would be required.
Are Riz and I a double act? Why yes. You should see our ping pong ball trick. He's the catcher. He even gets a mention in my wedding speech.

Tav

Clio 197
So no pictures and a lot of s**t about spunking, receding hair and the chuckle brothers...most helpful!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
people only use trendlines tbh. Ill get a pic of my misanos in leather they look awesome. The seats you mentioned are nice and with them being on a lower subframe the driving position would be better. Cobra daytonas look similar to the ones you mentioned and are alot cheaper!! i had those aswell and they were awesome

Tav

Clio 197
Can get the Recaro Speeds for same cost as the Cobra Daytona's. Very similar seats but the Recaro has that air of OEM quality which the likes of Cobra can't match. Pick the right colours in a Recaro and it looks factory, which is important to me. Cheers for the suggestion though.