ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recently joined! bedding in new engine!

BG 182
Why not do this instead for nearly have the money??

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3873&appid=2

And even spend the rest on getting your engine forged/fully rebuilt?

Don't get me wrong, fair play for working hard and doing what you've done, and yes bhp per ton might be alright, but you've spent probably over 10k for a car that rattles and has less than 220bhp... I really can't see the massive deals on spending huge on a N/A Clio.

F

frysport

True, but don't forget the torque the megane has once mapped. Usually between 310-330lbft. That makes a difference ;)
thats a very good point.. but when it comes to the first corner and the fat megane is braking i will wizz past braking much later! then the megane will be fighting with all that torque steer when he putting his foot down out of the corner trying to keep up with me lol.... End of the day meganes are real good cars but i havnt got one so i am not interested what a megane can do.. i will keep my clio thanks :)

Lionel Richie
Are you a good driver? As i see it a lot with people, spend all the monet first, can't drive for toffee and get overtaken by experienced drivers in near enough standard cars!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
cheers for the support mate.. anyone would of thought it was a cliosport site! oh yeah i forgot it is!! i thought i would of met like minded people on here, but theres alot of haters going on about fat meganes like they are the best cars in the world lol but i must say one of my favorite cars is the R26.R and my favorite is the GT3RS 4.0 i have based my car on these 2 with my carbon bonnet and i got carbon bucket seats stripped out rear with no radio and light weight wheels and other mods.. plus the stuff im having fitted.. i know for a fact it will be a weapon on the track so these haters dont bother me ;)... by the way have you been to the nurbergring yet?.. that is one of my dreams!

Its no problem. There are a lot of very helpful friendly people on here and im not saying the people who disagree with what you are doing aren't but there is a lot of anger surrounding this subject it seems. I just think it is a bit unfair to tell you what you are doing is pointless or stupid.
If it is what you want to do and it makes you happy i say bloody good luck to you. It is clearly your pride and joy and i can appreciate that. I love my 182 Cup but i think it could be helped out with a bit more power. Unfortunately it doesn't come cheap but the choice is yours.
If i could afford i might consider it although as i said before my ultimate production hatch would be the R26.R they are FANTASTIC things.
It is funny you should mention the GT3 RS 4.0 it is also my dream car, i can't think about driving one and not laugh at the prospect (sad i know) lol. One day... One day.
Your car will be a real laugh and it will take a lot of beating round a track. I would love to do what you are having done at some point but i havn't got the funds and/or the balls lol
I havn't been to the ring yet but it is certainly on my list of things to do in the near future, especially since i have got my 182 now :)

F

frysport

Why not do this instead for nearly have the money??

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3873&appid=2

And even spend the rest on getting your engine forged/fully rebuilt?

Don't get me wrong, fair play for working hard and doing what you've done, and yes bhp per ton might be alright, but you've spent probably over 10k for a car that rattles and has less than 220bhp... I really can't see the massive deals on spending huge on a N/A Clio.
believe me i thought about the supercharger and the turbo.. im just going down the N/A route i love the sound.. and im not to bothered about huge power, i just wanted to try and make a well balanced car with a nice bit of power, light weight and great handling good braking etc.. the super charger cost 4grand.. i never intended to spend almost 8k it was just going to be £6400 but they said my engine was fried so i made a choice for them to rebuild my engine for me.. i did feel a bit sick believe me.. but its done now and im picking it up tomorrow.. i cant wait :)

F

frysport

Are you a good driver? As i see it a lot with people, spend all the monet first, can't drive for toffee and get overtaken by experienced drivers in near enough standard cars!
im the best driver in the world mate! on my xbox ;) ..naar i think i am pretty good! iv been on a couple of rally courses.. but i know there are much better drivers out there who will teach me a thing or 2 on the track! its all fun!

F

frysport

Its no problem. There are a lot of very helpful friendly people on here and im not saying the people who disagree with what you are doing aren't but there is a lot of anger surrounding this subject it seems. I just think it is a bit unfair to tell you what you are doing is pointless or stupid.
If it is what you want to do and it makes you happy i say bloody good luck to you. It is clearly your pride and joy and i can appreciate that. I love my 182 Cup but i think it could be helped out with a bit more power. Unfortunately it doesn't come cheap but the choice is yours.
If i could afford i might consider it although as i said before my ultimate production hatch would be the R26.R they are FANTASTIC things.
It is funny you should mention the GT3 RS 4.0 it is also my dream car, i can't think about driving one and not laugh at the prospect (sad i know) lol. One day... One day.
Your car will be a real laugh and it will take a lot of beating round a track. I would love to do what you are having done at some point but i havn't got the funds and/or the balls lol
I havn't been to the ring yet but it is certainly on my list of things to do in the near future, especially since i have got my 182 now :)
i saw a black GT3RS 4.0 driving next to me in cardiff the other day! i couldnt believe it! there are only 600 being made and they are all sold out!.. i never thought id see one here in cardiff.. that is my dream car! i want to drive one around the ring!

Italian 3.2 V6
Uv got balls to spend that amount on an 172 lol.

I'm sure ul love it. Bet you can't wait to pick it up!

F

frysport

Uv got balls to spend that amount on an 172 lol.

I'm sure ul love it. Bet you can't wait to pick it up!
u only live once i say.. ;) yeah i cant wait to pick it up.. im leaving at 5.30am 2moro from cardiff to dorset.. then i got to drive back to work lol

Seat Ibiza
Fair play to you! I love my car, so much fun to drive but that's slot of money for 40bhp.
I was tempted to tune mine, but instead I bought a ZX6-R and did my bike test with all the leathers for £2,500. Want something fast, buy a sportsbike! :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Fair play mate for doing this, hope that k-tech see you right for that kind of money you will be wanting perfection!

Get a few RRprint outs when it's all done too!