ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recently purchased 182

Clio Sport 182
Hi Guys,

Bought my 182 just over a month and a half ago after having a mk4 golf for the past few years, and have only recently become a member on here! Wanted to share a few pics with you all. There's still a few bits and bobs that need tweaking / changing - Other than that, dead chuffed with it. It's previous owner may even be on here!

Clio 1.jpgClio 2.jpgClio 3.jpgClio 4.jpgClio 5.jpg

Hopefully they've uploaded okay - They were took via instagram so please bare with the borders on the images. So far, all I've done is replace the old eclipse alloys with 182 ones, and replaced the exhaust mounts on the rear. I'm forever tightening the exhaust up though - Makes like a tinny vibration sound on acceleration around 2k revs and seems to have lost it's depth of sound. Other than that, the car seems sound!

Hope you like it,
Matt :D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks good, very strange it doesn't have a sport grill though. Good work on changing those alloys :)

Clio Sport 182
Looks good, very strange it doesn't have a sport grill though. Good work on changing those alloys :)

Cheers man! Yeah, the garage I bought it from changed the grill as the sport grill had seen better days (apparently).. Know anyone who has one for sale?

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
They are cheap from Renault, cant remember the exact price though but nothing major. A second hand one will probably be faded as well but you could of course just spray it :)

I thought they were £50~ from Renault. They seem to go for £30 ish second hand.

Try Tom @ West's Renault on here, excellent prices on new Renault bits! You can find him in the "traders" section.

Clio Sport 182
Yeah man, only price I can really find them for is around the £50 mark for the standard Renault sport one - Sound about right? I might order one for the weekend so I can fit it along with my splitter. I'm struggling to find 2nd hand ones.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Didn't think they were that much but dunno for sure as ive never had to buy one! :)

Clio Sport 182
Yeah man, I'm new to the Renault scene so I haven't the foggiest myself! My old man is a mechanic so he's going to see what he can get at trade price. I'll be setting up a project soon anyway - Lots of changes in the pipeline.

Clio Cup Ph2 172 16v
If you can get your hands on a second hand one I would recommend spraying it matt black? Imo looks a little nicer than the standard "plastic" black.

Clio Sport 182
Ahh crackin'! Cheers chaps - Should hopefully have one by this time next week! I've found one that West's renault have for £51 so I'm probably going to go with that and get it resprayed.

If I go with Matte black, do you think it would look nice if I got my front diamond sprayed the same colour?