ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recirculation flap on Climate Control

Clio
The recirculation flap won't work properly. It only ever goes half way, thus leaving a gap for outside air to get in so car won't stay cold with aircon on in summer or stay warm with heater on in winter.

I've opened up the area under the windscreen behind the firewall part of the engine bay. I've discovered the part that the small motor fits into the recirculation flap has split because sit made of plastic. Much the same as the heater one had under the dashboard on the drivers side, but I fixed that one with a spring clip to keep the whole round plastic part held tight because one side was spilt.

However this one can't really be fixed in the same way.

Has anyone any idea how to fix this?

Interested in a fix for this too, last winter my feet felt colder than usual, found the re-circ flap open and wouldn't close, just closed it manually and left it that way, but a fix would be nice.

clio campus
and don't forget to watch this second video ...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio
My motor works fine. It's the part that the motor fits into that has broken. This the motor goes round and round in that square hole. However the square hole is broken on one corner.

Clio
e4aryhed.jpg

This square hole that the motor goes into. One corner of this square hole is broken and the motor goes round and round. The recirculation flap never opens or closes properly.

Is there a way to fix the broken square hole?

clio campus
The square hole is perfect in the picture you've posted. It seems to be a picture taken from one of my videos. :evil:
But the answer to your question is ... you may use Q-Bond to fix it. ;)

QBL.JPG

Clio
Sorry, I meant that the square hole in that picture; that that part on my car has broken. The top left corner has cracked and the motor goes round and round forcing the square hole open and doesn't actually move the flap. The motor is fine. I've had it off and it moves fine. Then I saw the square hole cracked.

Clio
Don't know how I am going to be able to glue it. If love to take it all apart and get to it but it seems totally enclosed behind the engine firewall. If only it were made better.

Any ideas how I can get it off so I can clean it up and glue it on a table.

???

Clio
Don't know how I am going to be able to glue it. If love to take it all apart and get to it but it seems totally enclosed behind the engine firewall. If only it were made better.

Any ideas how I can get it off so I can clean it up and glue it on a table.

???

Any ideas how to fix this? I still haven't got a clue. It seems impossible to get off the car to have it sat on a table and try to glue it.

There was a thread on here i remember reading about someone using a jubilee clip iirc.

Shall see if i can find it

Clio
Yea but that was for the heater. I fixed that so the little motor could hold in the hole and turn it all correctly.

I am on about the recirculation motor. The square hole where the motor pops into. Well that plastic square hole is broke on one corner. So the motor goes round and round in the hole.

Clio
e4aryhed.jpg

This square hole that the motor goes into. One corner of this square hole is broken and the motor goes round and round. The recirculation flap never opens or closes properly.

Is there a way to fix the broken square hole?

I can't, if you look at that square hole in the picture, the top left corner is snapped open and the square thing on the motor that goes in that hole, just therefore goes round and round opening that corner and won't turn the flap. The motor I have works fine.
(that picture is off someone elses car, and the square hole is perfect and not broken, but mine is broken)

Clio
I cant fix the broken square hole that the motor rod goes into. The square hole is broken. I dont have any idea on how to take it all out in order to fix the square hole.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Put epoxy on motor square. Make sure flap is down and motor is in correct way... put motor on and leave it.

It will be fixed when glue has set?

Clio
Good idea, but I'm worried it'll all stick together and never ever move if I did that. I would like to take it all apart and fix it properly. But no idea how to get it all out.

No suggestions really but if you find a way let me know. Mine occasionally doesn't close so I'll probably have to do the same.