ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend an ISP

172 cup'd extreme
Please recommend an ISP for me must be xDSL ive been on cable for years, my new street isnt cabled so i cant have my beloved NTL:dapprove:

not bothered about price as long as its less than £30 a month and no sky/bulldog or talktalk please

thanks

Monaro VXR
eurgh say no to tiscali there s**t.

i use eclipse and have been happy. Bulldog are also good service wise but customer service can be a bit hit and miss although i didnt have any problems with customer service when i had them.

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
I got this package:

http://www.homecallbroadband.co.uk/broadbandhome.aspx

Calls are free all day, everyday (except 0845, and premium numbers). Plus I get upto 8 meg BB, NO download limit, FREE connection, FREE modem all for £29.99 inc. VAT

I was with BT for my telephone, and Pipex for my ISP. But got a call from Pipex telling me that they have taken over a telephone company called 'Homecall' hence they have now called themselves 'Pipex Homecall'

Excellent vaule for money by far.

Old payments: £20 per month for BT, on payment card. Plus £23.44 for BB with Pipex

New payments £29.99 per month for Telephone & BB with Pipex Homecall.

Savings of £13.45 per month!!

172 cup'd extreme
I got this package:

http://www.homecallbroadband.co.uk/broadbandhome.aspx

Calls are free all day, everyday (except 0845, and premium numbers). Plus I get upto 8 meg BB, NO download limit, FREE connection, FREE modem all for £29.99 inc. VAT

I was with BT for my telephone, and Pipex for my ISP. But got a call from Pipex telling me that they have taken over a telephone company called 'Homecall' hence they have now called themselves 'Pipex Homecall'

Excellent vaule for money by far.

Old payments: £20 per month for BT, on payment card. Plus £23.44 for BB with Pipex

New payments £29.99 per month for Telephone & BB with Pipex Homecall.

Savings of £13.45 per month!!

good info that cheers

bear in mind tiscali and pipex homecall both use traffic shaping to throttle p2p bandwidth ie. torrent

zen and eclipse are meant to be the best isp's now..

BMW E46 330i Touring
Have heard good things about Eclipse, my parents are with them and have always been impressed.

Plus they're based in Exeter, so maybe I could take a wheelbarrow over to their building and bring back a load of BB for free! :cool:

Not a Clio
Been using Pipex for internet and phone calls for 11 months now without any problems and I've never experienced traffic shaping, but then I don't donwload a huge amount.

RenaultSport clio 172
I use plusnet, £15 a month for 8mb! But after 4gb a month they put bandwidth restrictions on my line on peak, what is this? They dont charge me anymore but do they just slow up my connection speed?