ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend Me A Camera....

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Dont really know whats available as im a complete newbie to photography.
Looking to get into it so i can get some good pics at meets and of my car etc...
Any ideas? Something with good effects, HDR, shutter speeds... i dont really know what im talking about.

Cheers

HDR isnt done with a camera, its done with a program on your PC afterwards.

What sort of price mate? Then it will be easier to judge whats best for you.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Errr, £200-£300 i guess. whatever can get me a good one for the best amount of cash monies really.

D

dick

lol solmething with hdr and shutter speeds.

id do more research first. lernt what you want. slr, bridge P&s etc.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
lol solmething with hdr and shutter speeds.

id do more research first. lernt what you want. slr, bridge P&s etc.

I told you i had no idea what im talking about!
I was just hoping to get peoples opinions on cameras they have used and what people currenly have etc....

D

dick

A couple of the the latest SLRs are capable of onboard HDR iirc.

lol doesnt surprise me.

ridiculous idea though, SLR is supposed to be user controlled. well done pentax, youve just made a big point and shoot.

172 Cup
I just bought a D40 at the weekend, got a bag and 2g card for 300, plus i get £30 cashback from Nikon! Great camera, havent read the manual through yet tho!

D

dick

I just bought a D40 at the weekend, got a bag and 2g card for 300, plus i get £30 cashback from Nikon! Great camera, havent read the manual through yet tho!

why is it a great camera?
you've only just got it and havent read the manual? lets have some reasons why its great.also the fact you are going to read the manual questions you're validity as a objectujve reviewer as it probly suggests you dont know really what you're doing. may be wrong though.

get somethng that can AF (used d50,d70, or even better d200) and buy a sigma 24-60/70 or sigma 17-50 or tamron 28-75 or tamron 18-50 i think it is. much better set up. much faster lens. (constant f2.8)
cracking bargain these lenses and peasent d40 users dont get the privilidge of using them. the 28-75 is great, but depends if you can live with a main lens starting at 42mm... i cant so went for the sigma 24-60 f2.8

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Cup
Calm down each to their own! Its a great camera for me, dont give a $hit what you think! i've got a good friend who is a professional photographer and he said it was a great bit of kit to start out with, which pretty much sold it to me.

Revels Mum & Sister

you've only just got it and havent read the manual? lets have some reasons why its great.also the fact you are going to read the manual questions you're validity as a objectujve reviewer as it probly suggests you dont know really what you're doing. may be wrong though.

get somethng that can AF (used d50,d70, or even better d200) and buy a sigma 24-60/70 or sigma 17-50 or tamron 28-75 or tamron 18-50 i think it is. much better set up. much faster lens. (constant f2.8)
cracking bargain these lenses and peasent d40 users dont get the privilidge of using them. the 28-75 is great, but depends if you can live with a main lens starting at 42mm... i cant so went for the sigma 24-60 f2.8

Once again your name sums up your comments. You really are a keyboard warrior. TBH mate to some people a WARRANTIED SLR is a must. There are allways bigger and better alternatives.

The D40 for a beginners camera is an excellent piece of kit.

You need to wind your neck in "dick"

My D40 is all I need, I'm no pro and my lense set up covers all I need. I have an 18-200 VR and a Sigma 30mm which is F1.4.

There are plenty of lenses that have built in motors. In actual fact, it seems to be becoming a more common thing. Most Nikon lenses now have them and Sigma are producing more and more.

Sigma 18-50 F2.8 has a motor, nikon 70-300, nikon 55-200, sigma 30mm has a motor, there new 50mm has a motor, there 55-200 has a motor. 17-70 sigma has a motor, and so on and so on.

I havent read my manual. Does that mean I dont know what im doing? Probably. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

I click, click and click again. Change some settings and click some more. If I dont like it, I'll just delete it, its not the end of the world. Ive only bought my camera to have fun with.

You dont need to criticise everyone because you think you know more than them. Maybe he wont read the manual and tonight he'll take some cracking pictures.

Sometimes you need to step back and stop being such an arse.

D

dick

*holds hands up* my bad about the 18-50, didnt know that. in that case, get that lens :)

AEB would have been nice tho no?

i did try editing it again to make it sound nicer, as i realised it was a bit rude! ran out of time tho!

that said, if my 40d didnt AF with my bargain 24-60 sigma f2.8 (£120), (£80 for nikon users!!!) i'd be well annoyed. thats all im saying, people are missing out on these bargains, and you can get better kit if you are willing to go second hand. i just didnt say it very pleasently.

but, does seem to be a lot of people who get a 40d and then get rid of it pretty soon after, more so than other slr's.
dint mean to come across like a wanker, but i just type and dnt think about how its soundin.

depends on what it was duck. but not for being 5mp,

Last edited by a moderator: