ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a wax/sealant....

JMR

RB 182 Cup
For my Monaco Blue 172.

I use Autoglym Shampoo/conditioner with lambswool washmitt
Meguiars Quik Clay
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Usually dry after shampoo with Autoglym Chamois....people keep saying microfibre/waffle weave towels are better. WHICH IS BEST?

I've got loads of the above products, so whats best to use either instead of the AG EGP, or put on top of the AG EGP?

I've read that Rich likes Jeffs Acrylic Trigger Spray?

All replies much appreciated......Cheers, James

106 GTi
Jeffs Acrylic Trigger Spray is like EGP but in spray form, with no cure time, risk of dust etc. For me it is a no brainer which I would choose each time just because it is so easy - as easy as a quick detail spray so a big time saver. Read 10 -15 mins to do a whole car vs an hour plus to do a coat of EGP, then no need to wait 12-24 hours to add additional layers as with the EGP.

EGP is a great product, good value for money, looks good and has proven results, but loses out ease of use to the Jeffs.

Both will look good on your car and protect it well. If you want to stick with the AG EGP, during the summer top it with P21

Best looking wax on Blue I have found IMO

... and for the winter

Megs 16

Both can also be used over the Jeffs aswell.

Clio 172 Mk2
rich should have some duragloss aquawax arriving this morning if its on time so i'll let you know what its like after a trial run tomorrow! Reviews are outstanding on autopia

Clio 172 Mk2
oh sorry rich didnt know you'd tried it! whats it liked compared to the jeff's acrylic jet or is it a totally different product type

1.6 focus zetec....
Where can i get this jeffs acrylic trigger spray and does it just replace the EGP???

Kiza

106 GTi
I have only tried it recently myself, and didnt post on here about it.

It is more akin to Optimum Car wax spray rather in my eyes, dont see it being as durable as the Jeffs. That said one coat of OCW lated 6 months on my daily drive in all weathers.

I plan to wack a coat on after every wash.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Drying Towels I use:

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9923

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=10058

Never touched the 182 bodywork with anything else to dry.

I use my Autoglym Chamois on the wheels, arches and engine bays these days.

Magic, I'll get a pack of some of the cheaper ones to try.

I had a Kent Luxury Wash Mitt, but it seems really w4nk quality, so I'm getting a lambswool one this weekend, is any sort adequate?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
....If you want to stick with the AG EGP, during the summer top it with P21

Best looking wax on Blue I have found IMO

... and for the winter

Megs 16

Both can also be used over the Jeffs aswell.

How do you apply the Megs #16 Rich?

Sorry for sounding thick:S

James

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Foam Hand pad and remove by Microfiber cloth or by Machine with a finsihing pad and remove by hand.

Thanks Rich, I'll give it a go. I've got heavy & medium duty microfibres and a really smooth one. The heavy/medium are great for buffing the polish/wax off, only then do i use the smooth one.

Will post on progress.:D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
that jeffs do u have to srp and clean paint properly properly before u use it or can u just dash it on post wash?

106 GTi
To get decent durability and proper bonding the first layer needs to go on clean wax free paint, preped with AIO, Jeffs Prime or AG SRP.

It would look good over anything but you wont get the maximum protection. For something easy to use and less surface fussy for after washing get some Duragloss Aquawax or Optimum Car Wax.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorted cheers, is extreme wash n wax good to prep paintwork or not coz its waxy?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I've been selling the Sonus ones now since I opened and they are one of the best selling items in my shop which is testiment to their quality.

Sonus Der Wunder (Softer Plusher) Pkg /2
Sonus Ultimate (thinner/better absorbancy)

For a sealant I would choose the Klasse All In One and the Sealant Glaze.

IMG_5918-vi.jpg

If you want to top with a wax, Meguiars #16 or the Collinte #845. With it being a liquid paste it's easier to apply in the cold.

On silver Klasse All IN One and Sealant Glaze topped with Collinite #845:

IMG_6114-vi.jpg

And finally Carlack 68 Systematic Care & Carlack Longlife Sealant (Klasse AIO & Sealant Glaze)

katie4ic4.jpg

The Klasse or Carlack twins for the perfect base to work from. Personally I love the look and try to top with a wax that dosn't mute the flake to much. In summer P21s is fantastic and really almost unbeatable for the price.