ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me an alarm

Focus RS
Want an alarm but not sure whats the best to go for so any help would be great, looked at one on the clifford site £799 do people really pay that, had a load of features but jeez. Like the sound of this pager option i keep hearing about.

Focus RS
I was under the impression it does unless its an import, so after owning car for over a year i have only just realised this, sad i know.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
i have a Toad 850t . It intergrates with the factory fitted immobiliser and uses the original Renault keyfob .

It needs to be fitted by a Toad approved installer so it's Thatcham approved .

Mine was fitted by a mobile approved installer . Second time i've used him .It was £300 fitted.

His name is Dennis ( car alarm warehouse ) . Tel .07980221525 or 01908 612673

Focus RS
i have a Toad 850t . It intergrates with the factory fitted immobiliser and uses the original Renault keyfob .

Mine was fitted by a mobile approved installer . Second time i've used him .It was £300 fitted.

Thanks mate I will give him a ring on Monday

Focus RS

Thanks mate I will give him a ring on Monday

Thanks again mate, phoned Dennis on Monday night, he got here for 11am today and couple of hours later Toad 850T fitted, top bloke would recomend to anyone, quite a basic alarm but exactly what i wanted, excellent price as well although not sure if you had extras but was quite a bit less than £300.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one . Like you say , quite basic , but does what it says on the tin :) Plus it works off the original keyfob which i like .

I 've got 2 ultra sonics and 1 glass breakage sensor , if you just tap on the window with something metallic it goes off . I could have had one in the wing mirror that talks but didn't want that as i live across from a school and the kids would probably be hanging round the car , lol .

Maybe he took into account it was a 400 mile round trip that it cost a bit more . He was still 60 quid cheaper than the local place i got a quote from and that was without the extra glass breakage sensor .

PS . When i phoned Adrian Flux and sent them a copy of the thatcham certificate i got a £60 refund ;)

Inform your insurance company that you've had one fitted .

Focus RS
Nice one . Like you say , quite basic , but does what it says on the tin :) Plus it works off the original keyfob which i like .

I 've got 2 ultra sonics and 1 glass breakage sensor , if you just tap on the window with something metallic it goes off . I could have had one in the wing mirror that talks but didn't want that as i live across from a school and the kids would probably be hanging round the car , lol .

Maybe he took into account it was a 400 mile round trip that it cost a bit more . He was still 60 quid cheaper than the local place i got a quote from and that was without the extra glass breakage sensor .

PS . When i phoned Adrian Flux and sent them a copy of the thatcham certificate i got a £60 refund ;)

Inform your insurance company that you've had one fitted .

400 mile round trip, yep that makes sense then for the extra. Sounds like i have the same as you, does yours also give a warning chirp (give the tyre a kick) to get potential thieves to p**s off before going off if another attempt is made (not sure if all alarms have this but like the idea). Will phone insurance tomoz, thanks again mate.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It doesn't chirp when i kick the tyre . It sounds like you've had a different sensor fitted to my glass breakage sensor which was a free extra .

Dennis is a top bloke . I first had one fitted on my 172 back in Nov 2001 . 4 years later it false alarmed a few times . I rang him up , said it was a Silver Clio 172 and he remembered the car , where i lived etc .... amazing memory lol and sorted out the problem over the phone in minutes . Faultless service :)

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
biglad motorguard in birmingham get a viper, mine pages me when alarm goes off it has tilt sensort + proximity sensors(what ur talking about)!!

pm me if u want