ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend me some front tyres!

Renault Sport Clio 182
i had to go for cheap of the chepaest budget tyres last year when i purchased the car because i had 3 flat tyres in the first week of owning the car (FAIL) and last night i had the scaryest moment since 2006 when i started driving, 30mph in the rain turn off a roundabout to go down a slip road and it was as if i were on ice, it just understeer'd, so i am on the lookout for a reasonably good tyre too.

Glad someone said Uniroyal rainsports because i used to love them on my old vavler, so might be on the lookout again, or a set of PE2's if i can get hold of some off the net, because the local tyre shops all moan about not being able to get them.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Kwick fit fella^^^ there usually 1 of the cheapest cos if ya buy 2 ya get 10% off and 4 ya get 20% off. Always been able to get them for me.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If you go to Kwik fit you have to factor in replacing at least 2 of your wheels though after they have been damaged by some *****.

clio 182
Lol @ the women in here.

Tyres are not something to save money on, they are the only thing keeping you on the road, budgets are fine on Grandma's Micra, but not on a performance car.

If you can't afford decent tyres you can't afford the car.

Don't try and argue with me because I am right and you will look like a fool.

Again not not looking for cheap tyres. Am looking for the best priced good tyres. Not the cheapest tyres.

Mini Cooper S
lol...got a quote on some PE2's from Kwik Fit, they want £150 a corner fitted - 205/45/16. You can find local garages that charge ~ £100 fitted.

Scunny, what is the budget per corner?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Depends on the kwik fit. Lol the Durham branch are really helpful and quick. Fitted 4 tyres in 10 mins, got my rounded off locking nuts off and rang 2 days before my appointment to say I could bring it in early if I wanted. And not 1 Mark on my alloys. Lol

clio 182
lol...got a quote on some PE2's from Kwik Fit, they want £150 a corner fitted - 205/45/16. You can find local garages that charge ~ £100 fitted.

Scunny, what is the budget per corner?

Not got a budget as such, just want the best tyre for the best price. Just at first the 200 price I thought was alot for two n asked on here to see what other ppl use n the best prices. Think am gunna go for eithe pe2s or v12s n c what the best price I can get on them.

Mini Cooper S
So if you want a tyre that will do everything - grip in all weather and last forever, get the PE2's for £100 a corner. If you want tyres that will grip well, and not last as long/perform as well in the wet - buy T1R's or Yoko's £75 a corner. If you want to try a new tyre that some people think is good, go for the Hankook's at £65 odd a corner. Would you like us to go and buy them for you? What's to not understand after everyone's advice?!

Silver 182
Lol @ the women in here.

Tyres are not something to save money on, they are the only thing keeping you on the road, budgets are fine on Grandma's Micra, but not on a performance car.

If you can't afford decent tyres you can't afford the car.

Don't try and argue with me because I am right and you will look like a fool.

lol clio a performance car? :)) its a fun fast agile hatchback.. but its not a true performance car, not stock anyway

I never said I wanted cheap tyres. I just want a good all round tyre n the best price for said tyre.

yes you did :)

any cheap good tyres? lol
Whoever said coopers are s**t..

Coopers cost from 60-70quid.. aint exactly your usual budget tyre. You asked i replied.

i have done now 3k in them over 2 month.. still look like new.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS6.htm

mini review over 8000miles by a customer there with an audi TT.

Yes i did say they slide but hey.. i do over 50 through a roundabout and yank the wheel to make them slide.

not point buying say pe2s for 80quid when I can get then for 60

p.s exaltos will never cost 60quid.. maybe 1/2 used.

Pretty sure if you visit some small place that mainly sell second hand tyres you can talk to them and perhaps they will find you a supplier of new pe2s that would be cheaper than kwikfit. fitting probably cheaper too although i personally would rather fit them elsewhere to have them balanced properly.

Last edited:
  Silver 182
they make alot of difference actually, grip,braking distances etc theres alot of accidents happened that wouldnt have if they had decent tyres on. ive experienced it and seen it myself. if i could be arsed, which i cant id get the braking distance in the wet for pe2's and say sunny tyres. youd be surprised at the difference. you wanna play with your life and others to save a quick buck you do that. good day sir.

Braked hard from 90 enough times to know that the grip in coopers is more than good. And perfectly know the difference between these and say some s**t like Tigar that slides in the wet like piss down the toilet because i had those on a 1.4 back in college :D

clio 182
lol clio a performance car? :)) its a fun fast agile hatchback.. but its not a true performance car, not stock anyway

yes you did :)

Whoever said coopers are s**t..

Coopers cost from 60-70quid.. aint exactly your usual budget tyre. You asked i replied.

i have done now 3k in them over 2 month.. still look like new.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS6.htm

mini review over 8000miles by a customer there with an audi TT.

Yes i did say they slide but hey.. i do over 50 through a roundabout and yank the wheel to make them slide.

p.s exaltos will never cost 60quid.. maybe 1/2 used.

Pretty sure if you visit some small place that mainly sell second hand tyres you can talk to them and perhaps they will find you a supplier of new pe2s that would be cheaper than kwikfit. fitting probably cheaper too although i personally would rather fit them elsewhere to have them balanced properly.

That last one was an example. Sorry I should of said 'for example' in stead of 'say' my grammar. Sorry! And the number/prices were just made up.

Again I used cheap in the wrong context. Didn't mean cheap should of put 'value for money' or something along those lines

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
So if you want a tyre that will do everything - grip in all weather and last forever, get the PE2's for £100 a corner. If you want tyres that will grip well, and not last as long/perform as well in the wet - buy T1R's or Yoko's £75 a corner. If you want to try a new tyre that some people think is good, go for the Hankook's at £65 odd a corner. Would you like us to go and buy them for you? What's to not understand after everyone's advice?!

This.

All the advice you need there. If you want to know more, do a search. Has been covered so many times.

lockthread/

clio 182
At the end of the day. I was only asking for advice on tyres and the best options. That's what I thought cs.net was all about.

Not to be put down by the haters.

Silver 182
At the end of the day. I was only asking for advice on tyres and the best options. That's what I thought cs.net was all about.

Not to be put down by the haters.

Sorry if you felt that way, people get a bit carried away and each of us has his unique way of explaining things.

Everyone says pe2s are the best on 182 because they are simply very goo all-rounders that have been designed for the car and they come from a top maker.
But as I said.. would you really really feel the difference in town if you were to drive sensibly? I assure you, you can buy some good tyres for 70-80quid and be happy and than pe2s for 110-150+. And as Craigus says the best way and the only way that will give you a piece of mind knowing you buying what you want and need according to performance and price is try going through CS + google, look at makers, reviews etc etc doing your own research.

Pretty much everyone here has recommended you some good tyres on his/her based on own experience.

Good luck.

clio 182
Sorry if you felt that way, people get a bit carried away and each of us has his unique way of explaining things.

Everyone says pe2s are the best on 182 because they are simply very goo all-rounders that have been designed for the car and they come from a top maker.
But as I said.. would you really really feel the difference in town if you were to drive sensibly? I assure you, you can buy some good tyres for 70-80quid and be happy and than pe2s for 110-150+. And as Craigus says the best way and the only way that will give you a piece of mind knowing you buying what you want and need according to performance and price is try going through CS + google, look at makers, reviews etc etc doing your own research.

Pretty much everyone here has recommended you some good tyres on his/her based on own experience.

Good luck.

cheers! a nice comment! i got all the info i needed from the first page really. but here we are on page 4 now, just pisses me off that the haters on here have to put their ores in.

since getting the 182 my situation has changed job wise, going from 450 a month down to 130ish quid a month, hense y i ask the OP. and i dont wanna waste my money

cheers again

Clio 172 Cup
nothing wrong with T1-Rs - I hillclimb with them & set reasonable times in the wet & dry & they seem to be lasting OK - paid about £61 per corner for them fitted & balanced

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
cheers! a nice comment! i got all the info i needed from the first page really. but here we are on page 4 now, just pisses me off that the haters on here have to put their ores in.

since getting the 182 my situation has changed job wise, going from 450 a month down to 130ish quid a month, hense y i ask the OP. and i dont wanna waste my money

cheers again

Just done a bunch of reading on tyres as i am looking to buy new fronts too.
Just thought I'd share that everything I read indicates the Hankooks are win-win on price and performance.
As discussed the mileage is unknown but my bet is they will be like the P-zero nero and last ~10k miles (i.e. not quite as long as PE2). I don't see you are taking any big risk buying a 40% cheaper tyre that may last 40% less miles, you are not really going to lose anything and could be onto a winner if they are durable.

Something the PE2 lovers have not taken into account is they have just stopped making them. Therefore, if you jump into bed with a pair of them now you better hope you don't damage one - you will be raped getting a replacement from the dwindling supply.

So it IS worth asking the same question from time to time, as info like the model becoming discontinued gets brought to the surface ;)

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'll be replacing the Yoko S drives mine come with when i bought it last year...... i'll only be buying Contis or Michelin's tbh.

Scunny_182 said:

Also how the f**k do you run a 182 with a take home of 130 pm!?!

clio 182
Just done a bunch of reading on tyres as i am looking to buy new fronts too.
Just thought I'd share that everything I read indicates the Hankooks are win-win on price and performance.
As discussed the mileage is unknown but my bet is they will be like the P-zero nero and last ~10k miles (i.e. not quite as long as PE2). I don't see you are taking any big risk buying a 40% cheaper tyre that may last 40% less miles, you are not really going to lose anything and could be onto a winner if they are durable.

Something the PE2 lovers have not taken into account is they have just stopped making them. Therefore, if you jump into bed with a pair of them now you better hope you don't damage one - you will be raped getting a replacement from the dwindling supply.

So it IS worth asking the same question from time to time, as info like the model becoming discontinued gets brought to the surface ;)

Exactly y I asked the OP. Cheers

I'll be replacing the Yoko S drives mine come with when i bought it last year...... i'll only be buying Contis or Michelin's tbh.

Also how the f**k do you run a 182 with a take home of 130 pm!?!

I don't. Another reason y I asked the OP. Put it like this, am doing alot of jobs for friends n family lol