ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
My old Skullcandy's have taken too much abuse and died. Going to Vegas in March also so need something to listen to on the plane.

Any recommendations ?
£100ish
Wireless/wired, Not bothered.

My brother got some B&O ones from Amazon on sale for £90 I've not seen him to ask if they're any good though :down:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My brother got some B&O ones from Amazon on sale for £90 I've not seen him to ask if they're any good though :down:

I got B&O ones and they were so tight they hurt my head after 15 minutes :(

Took them back and got these...

https://www.whathifi.com/akg/y45bt/review

First pair of wireless headphones and they're not bad. I've been through probably 10 pairs over the last few years... I'd rate these about No.3 after my Grado's and Koss Porta Pro. Wireless is so convenient though, don't think I'd go back to regular ones now.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Went into Richer Sounds with the intention of trying out a few pairs. Came away with a set of AKG Y50bt as above. Great product. Got £10 knocked off dropping down to £90 :)
I was going to suggest these....
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Professional Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HVLUR54/?tag=cliospnet01-21

But the AKGs are pretty good ; )

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Definitely want active noise cancelling for a plane journey, you'll never go back. I bought a cheap £35 set from Amazon. Sound quality is amazing, build quality isn't amazing but they've lasted a couple of years now so they've done well really. Equivalent Beats would need to last 9 years for the same VFM lol.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Best wired would be RHA i have their bottom of the range 450i's and they are excellent.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've got a set of Bose QC15's for sale if you're interested? Details in the For Sale section.

In good condition, just needs the head band cushion replaced - will cost about £15!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
After losing 2 pairs of Shure 315’s, a hotel maid stealing my B&O, and my (free with my phone) Beats X breaking I’ve finally taken the plunge for for some Bose QC35ii. Initial impressions are very good. Excellent design in terms of comfort. Should make my monthly flight(s) more peaceful.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
After losing 2 pairs of Shure 315’s, a hotel maid stealing my B&O, and my (free with my phone) Beats X breaking I’ve finally taken the plunge for for some Bose QC35ii. Initial impressions are very good. Excellent design in terms of comfort. Should make my monthly flight(s) more peaceful.

I love my QC’s, and with the amount of travelling i’m Doing, they’ve been well worth it. By the end of the month i’ll Have flown 40K miles, so they’ve been well used.

I’m tempted to swap to the QC35 from the QC15, just for wireless, but wondering what the battery life is like?

@TheEvilGiraffe how is the battery? Also, is it rechargeable or AAA like the QC15?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I love my QC’s, and with the amount of travelling i’m Doing, they’ve been well worth it. By the end of the month i’ll Have flown 40K miles, so they’ve been well used.

I’m tempted to swap to the QC35 from the QC15, just for wireless, but wondering what the battery life is like?

@TheEvilGiraffe how is the battery? Also, is it rechargeable or AAA like the QC15?

Battery on my Sennheisers is wonderful... charges off USB when I'm in the office.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I paid £12 for my sennheiser hd201. They work, feel a bit cheap but produce very good sound when you add a bit of bass to the EQ. Can bare spending huge amount of dosh on these things!

172 Cup
Save creating a new thread, i'm looking at getting a decent pair of noise cancelling wireless headphones. I've currently got a cheap pair of Philips SHB8750NCs which are OK but looking to upgrade.
Digging through some online HiFi type sites the below seem to come highly rated:
Bose QC 35 II
Sony WH-1000MX2 (i think it was these ones!)
Also seen the Nuraphones (not sure if these are more of a gimic, than any good)

Opinions seem to vary over which is best, so thought I would ask here for opinions from real people!! Budget is £250ish if there are any others in the price range I may have missed!

172 Cup
I found a good deal on the QC 35 II (Paid £247) so went for a pair of those. Thanks all for the recommendations.
Looking forward to trying them out when they arrive!!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My trusty QC20 are starting to flag a little, the battery is running down noticeably quicker of late.

Still not bad for 5 years or so with a hell of a lot of use, and still lasts long enough for a day trip to London and back but not so good on longer flights anymore.

172 Cup
I'm loving the QC35s! The depth of sound is fantastic. Back to backed them with a cheaper pair of headphones, and they were significantly better. Money well spent!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t think the sound is BRILLIANT on them, but it’s pretty good.

The noise cancelling, comfort, and decent battery life makes them good for travelling. I wasn’t expecting much from the noise cancelling but I’ve definitely noticed airports / planes feeling more peaceful with them on.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I opened mine the other day, freebies from Bose. They are okay sound wise, not the best I have but I've used them a few times since for the convenience of not needing an amp. They are veryy comfy and great battery. I've noticed the Bluetooth can drop out every now and then which is annoying.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Love my Jabra Elite.. they are ‘true wireless’ ones though, but sound great, 15hours battery etc.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Has anyone got any good earbuds?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have a set of QC35s that are like new that i might be selling. Thinking about upgrading to the Sony WH-1000XM3

Got a set of Gear Icon X that i haven't even tried lol, could be handy for gym.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I'm loving the QC35s! The depth of sound is fantastic. Back to backed them with a cheaper pair of headphones, and they were significantly better. Money well spent!

I thought they were fantastic at first, but as i listened more and more i think i have changed my mind.