ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The buds plus are great. I still reckon they outlast any other earbud. Why would I only want to switch between only Samsung products? How Apple sounding is that!

I use multiple pieces of tech and it's this one thing is forcing me away from the buds+. It wasn't just as annoying to start with but it's becoming more annoying by the day!
The buds plus are great from a convenience pov, the sound quality is lacking compared to newer stuff. But multipoint is still rare, I think the jabra 75/85 offer it but the sound quality is only ok.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They do, I'm worried about the size of them. I think the Sony ones do also but f**k having earbuds that size! The buds fit so well and feel so small. I can wear them for hours at work and home with zero issues.

Looks like I shall be sticking with them. Might buy a set of pros for the sound enhancement but only if they fit well and snug. I listen to podcasts 95% of the time so sound quality is far down my list of must haves on my buds.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm after a set of proper headphones. Currently using Skullcandy JIB buds but the battery life is nowhere near enough. I need:

1. MINIMUM 12 hours actually listening to music without charging
2. Bluetooth
3. Handles two devices at once
4. not fussed on noise cancellation
5. Preferably closed back
6. Many wubwubs
7. Budget... ehh, £100ish. Will pay more if it's actually worth it.

Hit me CS

Jabra Elite

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I went for the Ankers. I’ve had quite a bit of stuff from Anker and it’s always been top notch, plus the reviews sound like just what I was after - with a few comparing them to the Bose QC35s above, saying they’re just as good. £63 too.

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah... they’re not. The Bose are top of the market for a reason.
Top of the market is 4 digits, not 3.

I’m not talking about youtube reviewers who are getting paid, I’m talking about people who’ve actually bought them. One I saw preferred then to his Grado SR80s for sound. Pretty much everyone has said they perform like £200+ headphones with the bose etc having better noise cancelling but otherwise very even.

Anyway, I’ll see when they turn up.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
They’re bangin. Copied some guy’s EQ preset which made a huge difference (as stock they’re VERY bassy), sound quality is awesome. ANC is pretty good, yeah it’s not the best in the world but it’s plenty good enough for me. I’ve been listening most of the afternoon/evening and it’s still showing 80% charged LOL. I would say that some people have had some reliability issues but we’ll see.

Cheers @ForceIndia

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I used to use Grados (which were, bizarrely, given to me by a good friend for free). Alas, they finally gave up the ghost after many years of use. That was a couple of months ago hence I decided to treat myself to the Sony WH-1000XM4s. I've been blown away to be honest; superb sound quality that I think rivals more expensive headphones. I'd happily recommend them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I used to use Grados (which were, bizarrely, given to me by a good friend for free). Alas, they finally gave up the ghost after many years of use. That was a couple of months ago hence I decided to treat myself to the Sony WH-1000XM4s. I've been blown away to be honest; superb sound quality that I think rivals more expensive headphones. I'd happily recommend them.
I've got the xm3, they're brilliant.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They’re bangin. Copied some guy’s EQ preset which made a huge difference (as stock they’re VERY bassy), sound quality is awesome. ANC is pretty good, yeah it’s not the best in the world but it’s plenty good enough for me. I’ve been listening most of the afternoon/evening and it’s still showing 80% charged LOL. I would say that some people have had some reliability issues but we’ll see.

Cheers @ForceIndia

Link to the preset?

Picked up a set of these for work and for £63 they are amazing.
They are selling them to cheap tbh.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Link to the preset?

Picked up a set of these for work and for £63 they are amazing.
They are selling them to cheap tbh.
If it's for Android an app called wavelet is good. Sets headphones to the harmann standard, then you can tweak the equaliser to your preference

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If it's for Android an app called wavelet is good. Sets headphones to the harmann standard, then you can tweak the equaliser to your preference

iOS unfortunately, I’ll do it from a computer instead think I’ve got an android installed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He maybe thought you guys were talking about earbuds!

I heard the air pods pro vs some others last night, very very food. Great sound and anc. Not sure on fitment but they done well with the rest. iOS must buy!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some Comply foam tips for my airpod pros and the fit is much nicer/better for me now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

These are cracking. Wife uses them, and I've got the free pro as a backup for me, they'd be genuinely decent at twice the money.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They look a tad big. Emma had her buds pro delivered this week. Testing shall commence.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They look a tad big. Emma had her buds pro delivered this week. Testing shall commence.
They're good. They don't fit as well as the plus, but you can't get that tech into something that small.

It's dissapointing that they still don't sound as good as the 2yr old Sony's, and the noise cancelling isn't as good as 2yr old tech (again the Sony's), or the Huawei's in all honesty.

They're £50 overpriced, but as a freebie, brilliant.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

This was a good video. His ear thing was a great concept and the difference in air pods is amazing. Sound and anc in something so small! Amazing.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
I use Jabra Elite Active 75t at work. Great sound quality, fit and the ANC is really good. Only annoying thing is you always have to use the right one either individually or with the left bud - cannot only use the left bud.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that rules them out. I wear one a lot and switch ears.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The new Sony should be good. Nearly 2 yrs old, and the current ones are still class leading.

New design looks less bulky than current version
008a54af4154039afe0577cd7bfef372.png

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
How are you finding the buds pro? Mines arrived yesterday. Sound quality from them seems pretty decent but they're not as comfy as I'd hoped. Dropped to the smaller tip size and they seem to be fitting a bit better though so we'll see.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Bit old hat now but I still love my AKG Y50s.

Same here, had the K450's before until the died. Was a little taken aback at the price difference between them, swear I got the K450 for like £45 or something?

Feel too much of a dork wearing them in public tho, so just use some SoundMagic E10's, which IMO are excellent value.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My current cans are starting to wear so I've treated myself to some Grado SR80's. The sound and quality looks excellent for a £100 set of headphones, wired only so no Bluetooth but that doesn't bother me. I only use them for listening to music and YouTube on my phone or laptop, they get good reviews too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How are you finding the buds pro? Mines arrived yesterday. Sound quality from them seems pretty decent but they're not as comfy as I'd hoped. Dropped to the smaller tip size and they seem to be fitting a bit better though so we'll see.
Really surprised at the quality of them and sound over the plus I use. The fit is also amazing for me even with the ones out the box.

Done some running with them to check fitment and to see if they would loosen. I'm always worried about ones that don't have the wing tip but zero issue for me.

20210323_122230.jpg

20210323_122239.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really surprised at the quality of them and sound over the plus I use. The fit is also amazing for me even with the ones out the box.

Done some running with them to check fitment and to see if they would loosen. I'm always worried about ones that don't have the wing tip but zero issue for me.

View attachment 1529165

View attachment 1529166
Yeah, finding them a lot better after some use tbf. Realised quickly that the smaller tip size fitted fine but they sat too far in for the body of them to hold properly against the back of my ear. Went back to the medium size tips and they fit fine now, so pretty happy overall.

My only gripe is the fact trying to adjust them in your ears almost always results in pressing a touch button on either one but that's probably the same on any touch earbuds. Sound quality and noise cancelling wise though, they're quality. The voice detect feature is great too!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Voice detect is much more clever than I thought it would be!

Fitment yes I agree. The plus' sit a bit further out so rotation is easy. I felt the pro needed less adjustment and sat more naturally in place. The plus' can roll ever so slightly on the wing or even if you don't sit them right to start.

Great items though. My next pair must connect to multiple devices though. This Samsung account nonsense doesn't help with my iPad and MacBook. Essentially I should have a 12 pro max and some airpods pro but f**k da man... I'm holding out for aslong as I can! 😂😂😂

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah lack of connection to more than one device is a definite negative. The linking thing between Samsung devices is a bit s**t too 😂

It uses the music share function on the newer One UI versions but it's just not a very simple way of doing things. You're basically using the buds via another device rather than directly connecting to multiple devices.

On another note, got a free pair of AKG Y500s coming from another Samsung promotion. Only ever used over ear headphones before, but these are on-ear. Reviews are mixed so not holding out much hope, but can't complain with free stuff!