ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
In fairness to the infection thing, they sold millions of them and the number of infections weren't that high, clearly an issue, fwiw, my ones are perfect.

Can anyone recommend some waterproof earphones for swimming? Not looking for top of the range, just something which works!

Started swimming again after 20 years out of the water as it’s the only exercise I can do with my dodgy back, and have seen a few people wearing them!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Can you remember what you paid for these? Just wondering the how BS the black Friday price is.
I paid £115 when they first came out. They’re still good value at £120, loads of functions, very good anc. Especially with the latest software I’m not sure there’s anything for similar money I pick ahead of them.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I was gertting fed up with both my air pod pros and old Bose QC20 ear buds, I like buds for the isolation and discreetness, but am finding I just end up fiddling with them all the time to get the fit right (I'm cursed with big flappy ears and unless an ear bud can wedge itself right in there I often struggle with them).

So after a long flight of dealing with them thought it was time to pickup some over ears to use for travelling.

Today I picked up some Bose Quietcomfort SEs, which are QC45s but just without the hard case. All the software, apps etc, shows them as 45s, bit weird how Bose have done it but not complaining.

£190 from John Lewis, using up some vouchers/work points to go towards them ended up costing me a tenner.

Just been fiddling about with them getting them setup on all my devices, I know people often moan about Bose sound quality etc but so far I can't really fault them.

And the ANC on them seems amazing, one criticism of my Airpod Pros is that the ANC gets worse every time there's a firmware update, but these are typical Bose (and hence why I'd gone back to my odl QC20s) in that it is absolutely excellent.

Plus the far longer battery life should come in handy as well.

Looking forward to trying them in anger this week on a couple of work trips.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was gertting fed up with both my air pod pros and old Bose QC20 ear buds, I like buds for the isolation and discreetness, but am finding I just end up fiddling with them all the time to get the fit right (I'm cursed with big flappy ears and unless an ear bud can wedge itself right in there I often struggle with them).

So after a long flight of dealing with them thought it was time to pickup some over ears to use for travelling.

Today I picked up some Bose Quietcomfort SEs, which are QC45s but just without the hard case. All the software, apps etc, shows them as 45s, bit weird how Bose have done it but not complaining.

£190 from John Lewis, using up some vouchers/work points to go towards them ended up costing me a tenner.

Just been fiddling about with them getting them setup on all my devices, I know people often moan about Bose sound quality etc but so far I can't really fault them.

And the ANC on them seems amazing, one criticism of my Airpod Pros is that the ANC gets worse every time there's a firmware update, but these are typical Bose (and hence why I'd gone back to my odl QC20s) in that it is absolutely excellent.

Plus the far longer battery life should come in handy as well.

Looking forward to trying them in anger this week on a couple of work trips.

Lots of people love to hate on Bose but I've had my QC35s for about 4 years now, I use them for hours every single day and they're awesome. Sound quality is great, for calling they are superb and the battery life is still excellent. The only negatives are the ear pieces wear out (was the same on the QC15s I had before) and on mine you can't use them while charging, hopefully the latter is fixed on newer ones as it is really annoying but luckily they charge very quickly.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
There’s a Reddit thread about this iirc. Not uncommon.
Time for some Sony XM4 or XM5's I think. The new WH-1000XM5's are undoubtedly better but the older XM4's are very tempting at nearly £100 less! £240ish vs £340ish.

I like the B&W's but they aren't that comfortable after an hour and the mic is dog s**t for calls etc.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Time for some Sony XM4 or XM5's I think. The new WH-1000XM5's are undoubtedly better but the older XM4's are very tempting at nearly £100 less! £240ish vs £340ish.

I like the B&W's but they aren't that comfortable after an hour and the mic is dog s**t for calls etc.
The xm4 are more comfortable imo, and better for travel.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I'm struggling to find decent earbuds that stay in whilst at the gym, so going to upgrade to a decent set with wingtips

I've narrowed the search down to

JBL reflex flow pro
bose sport
jaybird vista 2

Anyone got experience of these?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm struggling to find decent earbuds that stay in whilst at the gym, so going to upgrade to a decent set with wingtips

JBL reflex flow pro
bose sport
jaybird vista 2

No but the DreBeats PowerPro are my go to. Except the stupid case.

They replaced these which are still great I just wanted something fancier.

EarFun Wireless Earbuds, Free Pro 2 Bluetooth 5.2 Earbuds with 6 Mics, QuietSmart® 40dB Hybrid ANC Bluetooth Headphone, Stereo Sound, Deep Bass, Wireless Charge, Transparency Mode for Gym, Office,30H https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09JWMJ7PW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

JBL reflex flow pro
bose sport
jaybird vista 2

Reflex pro are chunky b******s. The vista are excellent, if they fit. But the nozzle size is identical regardless of which wing tip size. The Bose are crap, all the weight is outside the ear so they loosen really quickly.

Bears fit pro are very good, the jbl endurance peak 3 are great for the money, but only as a dedicated gym pair, too chunky for daily drivers.

I just got some ear hooks for the AirPods Pro 2, and tbh they fit better than anything else I’ve tried. Got the inconvenience of fitting the hooks, but that only takes 10s.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sennheiser sport are also very good, I prefer the sennheiser default sound to pretty much anything else.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Reflex pro are chunky b******s. The vista are excellent, if they fit. But the nozzle size is identical regardless of which wing tip size. The Bose are crap, all the weight is outside the ear so they loosen really quickly.

Bears fit pro are very good, the jbl endurance peak 3 are great for the money, but only as a dedicated gym pair, too chunky for daily drivers.

I just got some ear hooks for the AirPods Pro 2, and tbh they fit better than anything else I’ve tried. Got the inconvenience of fitting the hooks, but that only takes 10s.
Was also looking at the jbl reflect aero

They get great reviews

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I may have a pair of earfuns around if you wanted them cheap.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Was also looking at the jbl reflect aero

They get great reviews
I didn’t like the fit. Give that earplugs type feeling. Don’t think they’re vented (at least they don’t feel like they are).

172 Cup
Annoyingly I seem to have lost my Jabra 65ts! Tried the wifes 85t and they don't fit my ears nearly as well, so looking at the current Jabra lineup they will all probably be the same for me!
Considering splashing out on some Airpods, are they actually worth the premium over other products on the market (I have an iPhone SE so would keep it all apple)?
I fly relatively frequently with work so would want ANC and also wear in the gym/walking dogs so need to be relatively secure.

Also, is there a risk of them being knock-offs from sites such as this:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Annoyingly I seem to have lost my Jabra 65ts! Tried the wifes 85t and they don't fit my ears nearly as well, so looking at the current Jabra lineup they will all probably be the same for me!
Considering splashing out on some Airpods, are they actually worth the premium over other products on the market (I have an iPhone SE so would keep it all apple)?
I fly relatively frequently with work so would want ANC and also wear in the gym/walking dogs so need to be relatively secure.

Also, is there a risk of them being knock-offs from sites such as this:
They’re brilliant, but for flights etc the anc isn’t as strong as some others. The anc is brilliant but they don’t seal/isolate as well as others.

Wait for the new Sonys (due out soon), or get the Sony linkbuds s (much cheaper, and brilliant). I’ve got a pair of the linkbuds and they’re awesome. (Not the open linkbuds, they’re shite😂).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used the JBL buds?

Richer Sounds have the Vibe 300 on sale at £29.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've not bought Sony over ears yet but have had them on my list of things to buy for ages, I feel like the worlds most ungrateful person but woman has presented me with a new set of B&W PX7 wireless headphones. My issue is I had mentally already bought the Sonys and also its WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for her to be spending on me.

Not sure whether to just stfu and keep the B&W's or if I should return them and get the 1000XM5's as originally planned. I'm sure the PX7's will sound fantastic but Sony has just smashed it with their wireless headphones over the past few years with things such as mic/call quality, battery life and app.

What an ungrateful snob I am.

172 Cup
They’re brilliant, but for flights etc the anc isn’t as strong as some others. The anc is brilliant but they don’t seal/isolate as well as others.

Wait for the new Sonys (due out soon), or get the Sony linkbuds s (much cheaper, and brilliant). I’ve got a pair of the linkbuds and they’re awesome. (Not the open linkbuds, they’re shite😂).
Hmmm, decisions, decisions! I'm going to hold out a couple of weeks in the hope my jabras turn up! I do use Bose QCIIs on any long haul flights/during work but thinking if I am paying out for a new pair of buds would be good to get them that can be used whilst travelling also!

997.1, Caddy, e208
I've not bought Sony over ears yet but have had them on my list of things to buy for ages, I feel like the worlds most ungrateful person but woman has presented me with a new set of B&W PX7 wireless headphones. My issue is I had mentally already bought the Sonys and also its WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for her to be spending on me.

Not sure whether to just stfu and keep the B&W's or if I should return them and get the 1000XM5's as originally planned. I'm sure the PX7's will sound fantastic but Sony has just smashed it with their wireless headphones over the past few years with things such as mic/call quality, battery life and app.

What an ungrateful snob I am.
You want the XM4s though