ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend Me Sub & Amp

RS Meg 175
As per title really!

Been looking at ready made boxes such as Fli and Vibe ones look ideal really but not keen on Fli.

Just wondered what you guys would recomend?

Would like it to match my interior a bit also

Cheers
Matt!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
aye as said above vibe stuff is quality and a decent price aswel.

Would defo stay away from the fli stuff as uv mentioned an fusion aswel. its just not worth the money. If u get a vibe box an u want it to match the interior just unscrew the sub and port and carpet the box to match ur interior and replace the sub and port. Job done!

A well built VW
What knd of price are we talking ?

Fli are shite dont touch them with a barge pole fall apart too easily

JL ? too expensive

wait and see ;)
planet audio big bang sub and amp if you want power:) ther brill 4 setting off car alarms

RS Meg 175
aye as said above vibe stuff is quality and a decent price aswel.

Would defo stay away from the fli stuff as uv mentioned an fusion aswel. its just not worth the money. If u get a vibe box an u want it to match the interior just unscrew the sub and port and carpet the box to match ur interior and replace the sub and port. Job done!

May well do this with a vibe sub if i can muster up the funds!

Mk2 172
As per title really!

Been looking at ready made boxes such as Fli and Vibe ones look ideal really but not keen on Fli.

Just wondered what you guys would recomend?

Would like it to match my interior a bit also

Cheers
Matt!

vibe and fli are pants. loud but no quality and cant follow a run of different bass notes.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I think the JBL subs are good. The amps are sensitive to breaking but definatly don't get fli! they look s**t too

Focus RS Mk1
Fli audio is a sub company of Vibe. So made by the same people!

anyway...for a beginner and a cheap plug n play system, no fuss installtion these boxes are great. dont expect any window shattering bass mind. unless you have about 50 of them!

For the money they are a good deal :) check ebay for second hand ones. muchos cheapos :)

Mk2 172
Id go for the focal solution 25A1 sub box with a sub amp and a front amp built in. excellent sound quality and the added benefit if a front amplifier :) job done. ive even got one myself :)

RS Meg 175
Yeah have been looking mate,

I just wont a basic system that will give me some nice bass, im not interested in the whole competition and window shattering shinanigans lol

Want it to be as clutter free as possible to and ideally go with the colours in my boot (grey).

Looking to spend about £150, but as little as possible tbh

RS Meg 175
Id go for the focal solution 25A1 sub box with a sub amp and a front amp built in. excellent sound quality and the added benefit if a front amplifier :) job done. ive even got one myself :)

Ok mate sounds good!

How much is it all? and could you sort me some links? cant seem to find it :S

A well built VW
What knd of price are we talking ?

Fli are s**te dont touch them with a barge pole fall apart too easily

JL ? too expensive

90 quid for the W1 sub. not exactly expensive and sounds excellent

Add the box and amp is it then too expensive It was a question as i dont know the guys budget not a statement

CAD do a JBL sub amp box and wiring kit for £100 good budget option but if possible worth spending a bit more for quality

Speak to Alan he has a quality sub and amp for sale but iirc its around £300 for the lot

RS Meg 175
Cool ^^

I have a box now though, so just need the sub and amp. Ideally pioneer or Alpine.

Do i need mono, multi or two channel amp?

whats this like?
Alpine MRP-M450

Mk2 172
Cool ^^

I have a box now though, so just need the sub and amp. Ideally pioneer or Alpine.

whats this like?
Alpine MRP-M450

not a bad little amp. good for the money. better than a fli or vibe or crap like that. itll be fine :)

RS Meg 175
Good stuff! any ideas on actual sub? 12"

Also will my standard renault battery be man enough for the task? if not best place to get battery?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
if your on a budget and looking for some decent bass for your buck you can do a lot worse than the JBL 1000watt sub and amp combo, you can pick them up off ebay (and motorworld etc used to do them) for under £100 with a sub box

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Type R 12" Sub-Woofer with Alpine MRP-M650!
Seriously, you will not be dissappointed!
Really punchy for a 12" and sounds amazing, gets all the low stuff.

Clio 3
some geeza jus tried tellin u to stay away from vibe n fli n go for fusion :S god knows wot he is on about. admittedly fli is absolutely crap but if uv got the box and u got the money go for an alpine. the alpine swr 1500w are around £100 n a decent amp is gona be the same if not more. if ur looking to do it all in 1, i mean sub box and amp vibe is gona be ur best bet. the 12" active eve is noisy :)

Clio DCi 65
Ive got a Vibe Active 10" sub with the amp in the box as mentioned above,

Recently bought 2 JL's in a Double box so i have no use for it,

Have it posted to you for 55, would need to get a wiring kit though.

TVR Cerbera
theloudest.com
3000w monoblock for 129 off ebay and pioneer pro sub 3000w for 79 off ebay. That's what i've got and it shakes the whole car

Clio 16v
some geeza jus tried tellin u to stay away from vibe n fli n go for fusion :S god knows wot he is on about. admittedly fli is absolutely crap but if uv got the box and u got the money go for an alpine. the alpine swr 1500w are around £100 n a decent amp is gona be the same if not more. if ur looking to do it all in 1, i mean sub box and amp vibe is gona be ur best bet. the 12" active eve is noisy :)

The Fusion NV package is a real bargin, and fusion are getting much much better. Yes they are bargin basement stuff but you gets what you pay for

I doubt you could get 141db out of the alpine stuff that has been recommended and still have it sound good on a daily basis.

I always laugh when people knock products you havnt heard themselves - You might have heard the older fusion gear but the NV range is a step up from that and with a well designed and built box for the sub it will really wang. and wang HARD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fusion-2000wa...ryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you wont get more bang for your buck than that package, 1.1kw (compared to less than half that for the alpine amps being suggested) plus a sub that can take it.

Anyway.

The vibe active solutions are 'handy' as they are all in one solutions but the boxes are not upto scratch and they can be a bit boomy, 99% of the time you will be better off building your own ported enclosure, that way you can get things set up for the type of music you listen to, rather than using a premade thats designed to appeal to all tastes.

theloudest.com
3000w monoblock for 129 off ebay and pioneer pro sub 3000w for 79 off ebay. That's what i've got and it shakes the whole car

The loudest.co.uk amps look like good value on the face of things but they dont do anything LIKE there rated power (expect maybe 800wrms from the 3000) and they die, regularly, and unless you can prove to them that the amp was installed by a trained installer they wont refund or swap the amp

Last edited:
  TVR Cerbera
it was peak i was quoting. I think a 800 rms amp and a 1000 rms sub is more than plenty! You get what you pay for. Fine so far.

fiesta 1.25
Cool ^^

whats this like?
Alpine MRP-M450

not a bad little amp. good for the money. better than a fli or vibe or crap like that. itll be fine :)

Someone knows what hes talking about.
i hate vibe fusion etc.If you dont have enough for jl.Pioneer are not too bad and jbl are better than vibe etc imo.

RS Meg 175
Ok im quite confused now :\ lol

Really i just want a system that will give me some nice all round bass, im not interested in the shaking your number plate off your car lol
Dont want it to be overpowering either as i listen to just about every type of music!

Am i best to go with seperate parts in this case?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Type R all the way.... Anyways if the bass gets too much just turn the bass down a bit, then when you want a bit more bass adjust it back up!
Honestly with that box, type R stuff will sound the nuts, really crisp and clear as the box is tuned to it.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Yea, type S would prob work just as good.
The box is tuned for Type S and R, you'll see on the packaging.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Fli and vibe are not that good

Look on ebay for the Fusion NV package

12" sub and amp for around £180

Fusion is an absolute bodge job an not worth the money.

Agreed fli is absolute shite but vibe is pretty decent stuff.

Edit - U say that the fusion nv stuff is a step up well as far as im concerned as soon as a brand is known to be shite u dont go near it. If fli released a new range im pretty sure many wouldnt go near it after fli's appauling reputation. The same goes with fusion.

If u pay abit more u can go with a decent well known brand such as alpine instead of a halfrauds bodge job known as Fusion.

But agreed stay away from theloudest.com absolutely appauling!

Last edited:
  Clio 16v
Fli and vibe are not that good

Look on ebay for the Fusion NV package

12" sub and amp for around £180

Fusion is an absolute bodge job an not worth the money.

Agreed fli is absolute s**te but vibe is pretty decent stuff.

Edit - U say that the fusion nv stuff is a step up well as far as im concerned as soon as a brand is known to be s**te u dont go near it. If fli released a new range im pretty sure many wouldnt go near it after fli's appauling reputation. The same goes with fusion.

If u pay abit more u can go with a decent well known brand such as alpine instead of a halfrauds bodge job known as Fusion.

But agreed stay away from theloudest.com absolutely appauling!

Why pay more for the alpine kit when you can get twices as much power and twice as much sub for less money?

The reviews are there for you to see that the NV bass package is a steal, but why go with the herd and spend more when in black and white you have been told that the fusion stuff is better.

Its like Skodas, the VRS is a cracking car and is cheaper than alot of its rivals, yes Skoda used to make shocking cars but now they dont.