ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommendation for my wife’s 182

3 MPS, MX5

I wont go into too much detail as I know this isnt the right place but basically my wife wants to buy a Boxster S (she was going to have a new 05 Clio V6 until they said that they stopped production:() so she wants to sell her 4 month old 182.

What would be the right price to sell her car, not just to advertise at a certain figure and hope for the best but to actually sell it? I havent approached any dealers yet as I know it would probably be an insult. Just like to know what people have paid for theirs if theyve bought them second hand.

Its a 54 December last year with just over 4k miles. The car is mint as shes not your typical female driver who thinks cars look after themselves:p

3 MPS, MX5

Yes its black/gold with both cup packs. Based in the midlands, between Worcester and Stratford.

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 15 April 2005

£4.50 and a pack of walkers sensations????
Would that include Tara Palmer Sexybum?

If so Youve got a deal;)

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 15 April 2005

£4.50 and a pack of walkers sensations????
You get a fair bit more for her now with her recently acquired new puppies:oops:

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by cfc1967 on 15 April 2005

yeah big loss but lets be honest you didnt pay list price
Good job too;)

Friends and family discount comes in handy. Still £2k loss though and its still a proper UK car, not an import.

I would say 10 is a more realistic figure to sell it.

10,500 you might get a few test pilots but no sale.

/y0z

3 MPS, MX5

The cheapest I could find of the closest match on autotrader (slightly more miles and 1 month older) is £10,750. So maybe £10500 should sell it.

Were going to look at her new car on Sunday and if its ok shell pick it up the following week, which means I can play in the 182 for a while until its sold.:D

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 15 April 2005

PS.

They havent stopped production on the V6 - 1st Week of june is the last IIRC.

/y0z
Really? thats a shame then, because when I picked her 182 up in December I asked for a new Iliad Blue V6 to her spec for delivery 1st March on an 05 plate and they said that they could only supply a car that was in stock which meant she couldnt have a new V6 for 1st March.

Quote: Originally posted by 18ME on 15 April 2005

(she was going to have a new 05 Clio V6 until they said that they stopped production:() so she wants to sell her 4 month old 182.
Unless my dealership loves wasting money this isnt true (I got a brochure yesterday offering me a brand new V6 for £27,100), I know it will probably end soon but Im darn sure you can still order them at the moment.

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 15 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 18ME on 15 April 2005

(she was going to have a new 05 Clio V6 until they said that they stopped production:() so she wants to sell her 4 month old 182.
Unless my dealership loves wasting money this isnt true (I got a brochure yesterday offering me a brand new V6 for £27,100), I know it will probably end soon but Im darn sure you can still order them at the moment.

Theres no point me even enquiring now as this is what I was told back in December when I wanted to place the order upon collecting the 182. If she could have had the V6 for 1st March it would have been replaced about June for another car, so even if she could get one now it wouldnt be worth having it for about 2 months but 4 months would have been worth a bit of fun. I know its sounds a bit extreme changing cars that frequently but I try and either get a discount on new cars or buy cars on waiting lists or buy nearly new sort after cars at trade price, that way it reduces the loss in depreciation. I think its been about 16 cars in the last 2 years with a total depreciation of perhaps 1 Mondeo over the same time but having the fun of some very nice motors.:D

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 18 April 2005

where abouts you live mate??? i live in Dorridge, i swear ive seen that 182
Its very possible that you have as we live between Stratford and Worcester.

I dont know where my wife goes though as we are going through a divorce at the moment.

3 MPS, MX5

Has anyone put a 182 on a second insurance policy starting fresh with their NCD as Im considering having it myself as a second cheaper runabout?

Im using an A2 as my second car at the moment but I imagine the 182 will be an hell of a lot more expensive to insure on a new policy.

^^^ in that case get her a MK1 1.2RN

I reckon youd be looking at 9K for a quick sale, cars are very hard to sell at the moment.

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by rasp on 19 April 2005

^^^ in that case get her a MK1 1.2RN

I reckon youd be looking at 9K for a quick sale, cars are very hard to sell at the moment.
Get who a MK1 1.2RN?

The car maybe worth £9k in another 18 months time but not a 4 month old mint 182 with both cup packs with 4k miles.