ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recycle Or Ebay My 8GB 3G?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo!

I've decided I want an iphone 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to sell my old 3G to cover the £140 upgrade cost (argghhhhh). Originally I was thinking about recycling it as I can cash it in for £128 through www.cashinmyfone.com. I'm now thinking i might be able to get slightly more if i sell it on ebay!?!?

Which would you suggest?

Its a refurbed o2 iphone in very very good condition (no scatches on screen and back is holding up amazingly well - probably down to the incase which I'll also like to get rid off).

BG182FF
think you will cover your costs if you put it on ebay mate if its in the condition you describe

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sounds good :)

By the looks of things (completed listings) I'll get anything between 150 and 190...

BTW I wanted to ask a question regarding service providers...

I can never be bothered taking my iphone out with me on the p1ss as I find it too cumbersome. I was thinking about buying a second phone to use when I go skiing and out on the piss. I'm guessing o2 wont send me out a micro sim while keeping my old original sim active (the plan was to use my original sim in the second cheapo phone)?

Iphone insurance is a joke through o2 - £15 a month and 75 excess on the 1st claim!!!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Problem I find with eBay is you'd need to take the (iirc) 10% eBay fees off of th final listing, any postage fees etc etc.

Time you've done that, you might aswell have sent it to Mazooma etc - who pay straight away!

eBay is good imo for smaller items, but the place is full of knobs when it comes to things like iPhones and more expensive goods.

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
Top dollar mobile gave me the most for mine by far, 12 month old 8gb 3g that had seen some hammer (£140). Ebay you have the risk someone won't be happy with something, plus your fees.

Never above 25mpg
eBay. I got £205 for my 8GB 3G that was unlocked, fully boxed and came with two cases and a car holder mount.