ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red and Yellow 172s - are they impossible to get?

tiTTy & SV650
never seen a flame red one in the flesh, seen plenty yellow ones though, there's a few in the far north of Scotland!

Yeloows are very rare I think 200 were made in the 172's
Red was a bit more comon but still very rare.

The phase 1 172's came in mars red, mk2's came in flame red ;) the yellow is called 'sunflower' yellow.

Those colours are rare, as is scarab green (172 exclusive's came in that colour - there were only 172 of them ! only available in mk 1)
You may have to travel to get the car you want in the colour you want.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
The yellow and red ph1 interest me the most and I'm happy to travel as prefer a rarer car.

I used to have a sundance yellow 106 GTi, a canary yellow 205 Rallye, and now my 106 Rallye in boring white.

I'm craving for colour ;)

Trophy
I've just picked up a Mars Red Mk1 172.

DSC00354.jpg

Mat.

rory182 said:
ahhh mars red same as the mk2 v6?

I think mk1 v6's came in mars red - i'm not sure about mk2's

- darren rallye - my mate used to have a 106gti in sundance yellow too, thats a rare colour for that car as well.:approve:

A number of clios
my mate as a yellow 172 its mint i was going to buy it not so long ago but i couldnt sell my car and now he's decided to keep it :(

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
darren_rallye said:
This was my sundance Gti... click

And this was what happened... click

A yellow Clio would be in memory of it :p

ooooh i remember seeing those pics on rallye register just after it happened ... think my mate showed me them.

clio 182 black /gold
There is a red 172 near and it is mint condition. A older person drives it and must have a garage.

cat171 said:
I don't think they were, I'm 99% sure they were mars red;)

I owned one for five years from brand new, I dont want to sound like a know it all but they were flame red. Also here is the build sheet for my car that follows it arround the factory in Dieppe and the colour says 'Rouge De Feu', which is French for flame red. Better proof than a paint code !

Just like in poker, 99% isnt good enough :D

colour.jpg

Renault Clio 182
bloke round the corner from me has a ph 1 in yellow,had it since new and he had to travel miles to pick it up.ill try and get a pic and maybe ask him if hes getting rid in the near future,X plate i think.

I really wanted a sunflower yellow but cudnt find one :( so settled for an iceberg silver which i hope is quite rare lol waited 2month for it and done a 600mile round trip to get it so its worth waiting and travelling for :D

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Saw a red one in town teh other day, looked quite cool. And when I took mine to ClarkieV6 for something a while ago he had a yellow one on the forecourt.

Black ones are common as muck :p

Red Ph1's are my favourite Renaultsport Clio I think, absolutely gorgeous. Someone has one locally so I get to see it quite often, that or a Petrol Blue 182 are pretty much the only things I's give my Cup up for.

106 GTi
ukaskew said:
Red Ph1's are my favourite Renaultsport Clio I think, absolutely gorgeous. Someone has one locally so I get to see it quite often, that or a Petrol Blue 182 are pretty much the only things I's give my Cup up for.

I can agree with the first bit , but sorry Petrol Blue is nasty!
:dead:

R3OBC said:
i was there i was there!!! lol, long time no see mate?! Rob.

Hi Rob, I can remember R30BC in its silver form :) .

I was traveling a lot the last few years. Sold the Clio to a very good friend 6 months ago, he is a member on here. I still have a passion for Clio's though, I hope I can tag along to a meet with him some time soon.