ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Dead Redemption 2

RS Clio 182
That first mission where you find the horse in the barn and you pat and lead it out - the 'pat' command was not working for me whatsoever...i spent nearly 2 hours trying to get it to work - i restarted the checkpoint & even started a new game. Then suddenly out of the blue it worked!

And even now i cant 'pat' a horse - he just seems to skip the animation?! Is this a weird glitch or am i missing something really obvious haha.

Anyway,great game - the world is astounding...espeically when you come down from the snow and into the first camp.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Loving this. I’m going to try and not rush through the story missions though, might just explore the map more and go through the side missions.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Amazing so far & not even scratched the surface yet. Thought I’d have a quick hour tonight, checked the time expecting it to be 11:30 - 12ish & it was 1:20!

3 hours of my life have just disappeared without realising, most definitely a sign of a great game.

Wish I had the time to do it justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I spent a couple of hours on it last night and finished the first chapter, finally unlocked ‘free roam’ but I was shattered so I’ve not had chance to explore anything else yet.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I was out hunting deer and this bloke rode past on a horse chatting s**t, so I killed him. Nicked all his stuff and rode away. About a minute later, a witness was investigating and now I’m wanted for murder, WTF. It was in the middle of nowhere and no one saw me kill him, lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bit disappointed that you can’t shag hookers in this game. I think the most I’ve had so far is a bath scrub off one of them.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i never played the first one, but i am tempted by this, watched my brother start it last night, and it looks epic

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Has anyone got a satchel crafted at the camp? I'm guessing the kit satchel is the one to go for. Whenever I hunt animals I can never get better than good pelt. That's with getting a clean 1 arrow kill.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
dee042566e6df6b3d4ec206676ace833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Played poker for an hour earlier, got bored of the old smug c***s shitty remarks when he won so I shot the place up lol. Hefty bounty!
Found a pump action shotgun in a chest earlier as well which seems to kill pretty much everything in 1 hit. Loving the game so far.

Abarth 595
Only played for about 45mins so far but really not liking the controls. They just seem so clunky and awkward. I was never a huge fan of the first one so maybe its just not for me ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only played for about 45mins so far but really not liking the controls. They just seem so clunky and awkward. I was never a huge fan of the first one so maybe its just not for me ?

I’ve found them arse too, don’t remember them being that bad? Aiming is so hard.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
One thing thats starting to get really boring now is when you brush past people in the street and you get a wanted level for it.

Also, I got attacked earlier by these people in Valentine, I led them right into the sheriffs office where they still punched me, right in front of the sheriff and nothing happened, lol.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
One thing thats starting to get really boring now is when you brush past people in the street and you get a wanted level for it.

Also, I got attacked earlier by these people in Valentine, I led them right into the sheriffs office where they still punched me, right in front of the sheriff and nothing happened, lol.

Just like real life!

Mk1
Guys, someone help me out with this as a complete n00b!!

Say I play through the game as a semi good person.. for good rep/karma etc.

What happens if I want to be a complete outlaw and kill/rob everything in sight?

Can I have 2 separate save files or do I have to play through the whole game twice? Which won't happen lol

Thanks!

A SHED!
Im having issues with the brightness on this game. Can't get it to display the rockstar logo in the settings. Not a problem when playing the game outside but it's really dark inside? Anyone else having this?

Mk1
Well, there we have it folks. I've folded after 6/7 years without playing Xbox, I've just bought one thanks to this and the forza thread!!

XB1 X 1TB, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 4, Read Dead 2.

£369.99 at Very. Code: 40off. Think that's a pretty good price, hopefully join you boys soon haha.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Im having issues with the brightness on this game. Can't get it to display the rockstar logo in the settings. Not a problem when playing the game outside but it's really dark inside? Anyone else having this?
Same.
I've adjusted it in game a few times and just can't get a decent setting. Not sure if this is part of the 3gb patch I've heard about though?

Only played an hour or so this evening. Controls feels a bit clunky. Might get used to it further into the game.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Robbed a train earlier and killed all the police/bounty hunters. Looted a s**t load of money and jewellery, deposited all of my cash into the camp and went back into the state where I had the bounty to punched someone to get arrested. Got rid of my bounty ($300) for free and went to a fence and sold all the jewellery I stole for $200.

A SHED!
Same.
I've adjusted it in game a few times and just can't get a decent setting. Not sure if this is part of the 3gb patch I've heard about though?

Only played an hour or so this evening. Controls feels a bit clunky. Might get used to it further into the game.
I've changed my tv setting to dynamic and increased the in game brightness to mid way. I've also changed the control to toggle to run and free aim in combat. Seems abit more free.

DCi
I've been wondering around doing various bits and pieces, always sure to stop and pet every dog I see.

Apparently there are alligators, so I want to see if I can get some alligator clothing somehow

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you get the chance make sure you kick a chicken. I booted one and it went flying.

Suzuki Jimny
Just had a random encounter involving a horse and a mans head. So much better now that the snow chapter is out of the way!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Controls are clunky. Combat is poor so far. Will give it chance though.
I gave up on the first game because I couldn't aim for s**t in it. That was being forced to use a pad though whereas a K&M would have been perfect.

Will be interesting to see what inputs they have for the PC version when it arrives.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Will be interesting to see what inputs they have for the PC version when it arrives.

Don't hold your breath. Rockstar said it wasn't coming. At least when GTA5 was released for PC a couple of years after console, they announced it was always coming.

That said, I really hope they do.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
not sure people are struggling with combat, there is a degree of auto aim, unless you can turn it off?

Suzuki Jimny
not sure people are struggling with combat, there is a degree of auto aim, unless you can turn it off?

There’s a few guides floating around on how to fix all that, i’ve changed mine and it’s made it so much better

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
i never played the first one, but i am tempted by this, watched my brother start it last night, and it looks epic

I found the first one really slow and boring and soon gave up on it... but I think I've got to give this one a go! Not heard a bad word against it yet.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I had a proper go at exploring as I only got out of the snow last night, fantastic fun roaming around getting chased by bounty hunters and other random encounters. Fist fights take a bit of practice though I find.