ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Haven’t had a problem with the combat yet?

Spent $450 in the gunsmith tonight on a custom volcanic pistol and a few mods to my other guns. Mainly use the pump action shotgun and the carbine repeater for range. Has anyone seen the KKK anywhere? Saw a screenshot of them but not sure if it’s real or not.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Don't hold your breath. Rockstar said it wasn't coming. At least when GTA5 was released for PC a couple of years after console, they announced it was always coming.

That said, I really hope they do.
It will beggar belief if they don’t offer it on the PC - yet stranger things have happened.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Bought this to give it a go, and to let my mrs play it, learn etc. Hilarious/frustrating watching her try to control the camera whilst moving etc. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
That geezer in the bar brawl was a hard fucker !

What’s the best way to get money ? I’m skint !

RS Clio 182
You dont even have to go outside in real life anymore haha,just have a hike on this game through the mountains and valleys. Rockstar could probably make a proper hardcore hunting game spin-off using this amazing world and wildlife.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you are far away from your camp and have a long way to travel, just set your waypoint and head onto a main road/trail and turn cinematic mode on and your horse automatically rides there without you having to lead/ride it.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Heard lots about that mission, not got round to it yet.

For future reference, if you get a $120 bounty and hand yourself in to do the time in jail, they still take all of your money. f*****s!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm regretting buying this game now. It's great technically (although I do not particularly like the faked HDR and often drop it back to SDR for properly clamped colour levels)... but the controls are just so damn clunky. I've tried different schemes and they all feel cumbersome as s**t. I've also triggered a bounty / wanted on my head twice after riding into Valentine and, well, just riding into Valentine. Straightaway there are multiple gunmen on me and I've lost all my heard-earned. No reason. A wee bugette I suspect.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Heard lots about that mission, not got round to it yet.

For future reference, if you get a $120 bounty and hand yourself in to do the time in jail, they still take all of your money. f*****s!
Deposit the money into your camp then surrender. You get to keep all stolen goods so you can recoup the money when you get released. Plus your health and stamina get fully restored and it automatically spawns your horse outside the jail.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Deposit the money into your camp then surrender. You get to keep all stolen goods so you can recoup the money when you get released. Plus your health and stamina get fully restored and it automatically spawns your horse outside the jail.
Can you deposit money separately to donating it in camp then? That sounds like a smarter way to do it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Can you deposit money separately to donating it in camp then? That sounds like a smarter way to do it.
I believe the money just goes straight into camp so it’s not ideal, a lot better than losing it all to the sheriff though. You can use the money to upgrade the camp and replenish food/medical supplies/ammo. I’ve used up a few hundred $ worth of supplies from the camp recently so it does come in handy having some cash in there.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
How do I lose the wanted bounty ? Got ambushed by a stage coach blocking the road right outside the camp

A SHED!
This game just plain pisses me off. The controls are stupid no matter what I do.....Plus....is it even a proper rockstar game if I can't f**k a hooker? A back rub in the bath....wtf?

Im on pc so may never even get the game.. But it seems its got quite a few flaws, ones the 10/10 reviewers dont talk about because theyve only played the game for a few hours and are still in the honey moon phase, or they were paid by Rockstar...

It’s got a few flaws granted, but i’ve had zero issues with the controls.

I do like the slower pace aspect, as it the very late 1800’s [emoji23]

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Having to restart my game.

Ran up a massive bounty which I couldn’t possibly pay back and shot my best horse in the head battling bounty hunters in the process.

Good job I was only half an hour into the main game.

Reactions: Gus
  RS Clio 182
Rockstar games have always had clunky controls...nothing new there. Compared to something like MGS V,which is razor sharp. It doesnt really spoil my enjoyment of the game though,espeically when the graphics and the world is this amazing.

A SHED!
Gta was no where near as clunky. Nor was the original red dead. Half the problem comes....press this button...select the eigth section ....pick a toothbrush......mean while bandits are taking turns giving me a back rub! Half the game is unnecessary b****cks....gameplay should always come before graphics etc.

Gta was no where near as clunky. Nor was the original red dead. Half the problem comes....press this button...select the eigth section ....pick a toothbrush......mean while bandits are taking turns giving me a back rub! Half the game is unnecessary b****cks....gameplay should always come before graphics etc.

I don’t think it’s the game for you tbh! [emoji23]

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Haven’t had a problem with the combat yet?

Spent $450 in the gunsmith tonight on a custom volcanic pistol and a few mods to my other guns. Mainly use the pump action shotgun and the carbine repeater for range. Has anyone seen the KKK anywhere? Saw a screenshot of them but not sure if it’s real or not.

Came across them today down south having a party in front of a burning cross! Haha beat the shot out of the main guy I’ve now vowed to kill all the KKK

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sooooo slow this game. Made me remember why I like online shooters so much.

See this is my worry; got so bored with the original in the end... lost all enthusiasm to play it.

Metacritic has this as best PS4 all of time, above GTA, TLOU and Uncharted. Anyone agree with that?

Might wait until it drops in price. I'm always well behind on games... only just started Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago. Started off so good but bloody hell the fights are hard and it's starting to really annoy me now :( was looking forward to more exploration.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
See this is my worry; got so bored with the original in the end... lost all enthusiasm to play it.

Metacritic has this as best PS4 all of time, above GTA, TLOU and Uncharted. Anyone agree with that?

Might wait until it drops in price. I'm always well behind on games... only just started Fallout 4 a couple of weeks ago. Started off so good but bloody hell the fights are hard and it's starting to really annoy me now :( was looking forward to more exploration.

Nothing wrong with that. I find that's normally the best way to play them. As games get forever more complex, invariably they still get released with a fair amount of glitches, lack of optimisation and little in the way of DLC.

Buying GOTY Editions sometimes a year or two after the initial release are usually more rewarding for me.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't understand the "it's slow..." comments. So was the first RDR, even the one before that. It's not the game to go and shoot a city up with, if you want that then buy Saints Row XXIV or whatever.

Loving it so far, I've spent so much time doing non-story missions. I've just moved to the camp down south now, near Rhodes. You can tell that something's building.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I don't understand the "it's slow..." comments. So was the first RDR, even the one before that. It's not the game to go and shoot a city up with, if you want that then buy Saints Row XXIV or whatever.

Loving it so far, I've spent so much time doing non-story missions. I've just moved to the camp down south now, near Rhodes. You can tell that something's building.
Graphically, what's it like in 4K?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Anyone know if this is one of the mini games?

V2yydj.gif